SE GA here
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Georgia Gun Forum > SE GA here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default SE GA here

Would really like to see the Georgia Forum take off in a big way. I live in Hinesville, GA next to Fort Stewart and work part-time in a local gun store. I am a retired Deputy Sheriff and really am a "GunNut"!! Would like to hear from any other local firearms enthusiasts.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Wish I were closer to you. I live in Lilburn. I have worked for the state EPD/HWMB for last 10 years, and still do, but retired from EPA as Pesticides and Toxics Branch Enforcement Officer for 25 years.

Most the guys in the LGSs are not interested in the old guys. All they want to do is sell to newbies. Nothing wrong with that, but they assume no one but them know anything about firearms. TB

Hunters & Anglers: The first environmentalists are still the best!

Old 02-27-2012, 03:10 AM   #3

I'm not too terribly far from Hinesville. I live in Effingham County. Just found this forum a few weeks back. Which gun shop do you work at. I'm looking to buy a new revolver for my wife and I to cc.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:37 AM   #4

I am stationed at ft Stewart currently. I am looking for some actual gun nuts and shooters instead of the typical gear queers and black rifle yards found on and around posts. I admit I enjoy my black guns and tactical gear but it doesn't need to look good to shoot amazing. Trying to find a range to set up and practice some ipsc drills. Anyone have suggestions? The range on post has so many rules thanks to peoples lack of discipline and gun smarts. I also want to find a 300yd+ range to rezero some of my weapons.

do no harm, do know harm

Old 03-16-2012, 04:13 AM   #5

Just found this Georgia Post lol. I Just moved here just outside of Metter, Ga. I just spent 2 days building on my dads land a range for pistol and rifle, but do to the neighbors i must change everything. a 10ft berm isnt easy to move from place to place lol. Im a Marine vet with 3 tours under my belt, very active shooter i enjoy the sport alot, especially when its safe for everyone. Looking for other sportsman to hopefully kill time with here and there. Moved here without knowing anyone but my dad lol... Love this state!!! Heads up there is a hog hunt coming up, im going on the 31st March, and there will be another on April 7th. Hope to here from you all

Old 05-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am in meldrim ga, about 30min from ft stewart.
sometimes get to the WMA range off of 144.
to many "not so bright" people makes me want\to\
go to the nearest tree to sit beside

I am FFl gunsmith in Meldrim[/I]

Last edited by 454fan; 05-21-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #7

Default Fort Stewart

Fort Stewart, as well as other CONUS posts, now require that everyone register their firearm(s) if they wish to briing it on post. So if you want to use the range at Pass & Permit on Hwy144, or go hunting anywhere on the 270,000 acre reservation, you must first register your gun(s). I have been hunting on Ft Stewart since 1968, and I don't like the idea of some part-time worker at the Vehicle Registration office where the registration is done, knowing where I live and what gun(s) I have in my house. Currently, there is a rash of daytime home invasions in the local Hinesville area by the local crackheads. I know the info of gun regiistrations is put on their computer, and I doubt that it is really secure from prying eyes. I have a feeling that many hunters will not register their guns on Ft Stewart, and the Pass and Permit nonappropiated fund activity will take in a lot less fees this year because of this new regulation and the subsequent loss of hunters that pay for a Ft Stewart hunting permit. I believe this is a backdoor Obama administration firearm registration scheme. It can not possibly prevent crime on Ft Stewart, but only add to the local breakin stats in this area..

Old 05-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Ft Stewart

I am glad I am not in the military now. The only time I lived on post was when I was overseas, or TDY somewhere.

No way would I give someone my gun registrations, not even one to use on an army reservation to hunt.

Hunters & Anglers: The first environmentalists are still the best!

Old 05-22-2012, 04:48 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

what gun... surely you jest offcer
I only use what uncle sam provides
like to have seen that enforced in 72'
heck we were looking for guns and ammo
probably brought back more in 75

Old 05-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Government is not the solution to our problem.Government is the problem! ERROR 406:file corrupt:config.america-reboot constitution? Y/N USMC vet,72-78