You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Georgia Gun Forum >

Recommended training provider in North Georgia?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2016, 06:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Recommended training provider in North Georgia?

Hi,

Im an enthusiastic shooter but sadly I live in England where our gun laws are a joke, as a result I only get any live fire experience on my yearly trips to America.

My next visit will be to Georgia (starting in Atlanta and travelling around the north into Tennessee and back again) having last visited 10 years ago.

I'd like to know if anyone can recommend a good pistol training provider in that area? I'm hoping to spend maybe half a day either solo or as a small group practicing some of the skills I learned last year in Nevada; emergency/tactical reloads, malfunction drills, weak handed shooting, box drills/failure drills, firing from cover, firing from vehicles and so on.

I've practiced as best as I can in the UK using airsoft replicas but it's no substitute for the real thing.

I used to be British Army reserve, police reserve and I've taken various pistol courses over the years so I'm looking for something more than the usual touristy ranges.

Thanks for the help!

Rob

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-03-2016, 08:30 PM   #2

Liked 2996 Times on 1647 Posts
Likes Given: 537

If you are searching for a basic pistol course, do a search for NRA pistol course near where you will be. They list all of their certified trainers and their course schedules.

Carl Sagan
redcoat Likes This 
Old 12-31-2016, 12:01 AM   #3
AMF

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I haven't used them, but I know that there is a place called 4G Tactical that is located near Atlanta. They offer everything from basic pistol training to full on tactical courses.

http://www.4gtactical.com/

I'd say go through the website and read up on the courses.

Hope that helps you out some.

AMF
redcoat Likes This 
Old 12-31-2016, 11:56 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Thanks, I'll give them a look.

Old 12-31-2016, 02:05 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2859 Times on 1333 Posts
Likes Given: 401

Contact Moss Gun $ Pawn, located just south of Atlanta. The youtube guy Iraqveteren8888 works there.. He should have a good idea of any training in the entire state.