Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Georgia Gun Forum > 18 yo ccw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

If your old enough to die for your country than you should be allowed drink & ccw.

However class separation never works well. Should someone be allowed to protect themselves when most would not? I personally know many 18-19 year olds that could ccw. If they all can't ccw than I'd vote no. Keep laws fair, or keep them gone.

As far as the drinking laws in general they have just gotten completely out of hand. It's always a hot topic that gets a lot of politicians easy votes from mother groups, churches & general do-gooders in general. I would be willing to bet that within 7 yrs most states will pass laws ruling that a second OUI (DUI) will be considered a felony with long minimum mandatory Sentences that will further clog up are jails & prisons that I will have to pay for.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #12
fmj

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
I don't think just because your old enough to die for your country makes you mature, if you enlist, serving, and the rigors of said service, imo is what will mature a 18 yr old. Not just having a birthday. Now of course individuals vary greatly, take texaswoodworker for example, have read many of his post and never would ve guessed he was a teen. Savy young man. Btw, how old can you be to purchase a handgun in IN?
Fed. Law dictates 21 for handgun purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmaster207 View Post
If your old enough to die for your country than you should be allowed drink & ccw.

However class separation never works well. Should someone be allowed to protect themselves when most would not? I personally know many 18-19 year olds that could ccw. If they all can't ccw than I'd vote no. Keep laws fair, or keep them gone.

As far as the drinking laws in general they have just gotten completely out of hand. It's always a hot topic that gets a lot of politicians easy votes from mother groups, churches & general do-gooders in general. I would be willing to bet that within 7 yrs most states will pass laws ruling that a second OUI (DUI) will be considered a felony with long minimum mandatory Sentences that will further clog up are jails & prisons that I will have to pay for.
Some places 1 is already a felony.

Dont get me started on this BS...drinking and driving is NOT a crime! Drinking and KILLING someone with a vehicle IS!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 03-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #13
I'm your huckleberry
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6541 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
I don't think just because your old enough to die for your country makes you mature, if you enlist, serving, and the rigors of said service, imo is what will mature a 18 yr old. Not just having a birthday. Now of course individuals vary greatly, take texaswoodworker for example, have read many of his post and never would ve guessed he was a teen. Savy young man. Btw, how old can you be to purchase a handgun in IN?
Thank you for the compliment.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #14

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
Thank you for the compliment.
Anytime youngblood,,,, lol,

Old 07-06-2012, 02:03 AM   #15

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I noticed this is an item to be voted on this month in the primary
elections. It's on my Paulding County absentee ballot. Still
thinking about that one! I would like to hear some more
opinions.

This is for current or ex Servicemen/women.

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

Last edited by etbob9; 07-06-2012 at 02:23 AM.