ranges and clubs .were are you shooting? - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Florida Gun Forum > ranges and clubs .were are you shooting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post
I prefer the real range and not one of them man made ones. I hike in the hills often and do most my glassing and shooting outdoors.
Yeah me too, so when I'm in the mood for "glassing and shooting outdoors" The wife and I jump in the Lear and head to the real mountains.

Beer is good, God is great, but as long as there are fish to catch heaven can wait.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10MMGary View Post
Yeah me too, so when I'm in the mood for "glassing and shooting outdoors" The wife and I jump in the Lear and head to the real mountains.
Jump in the Lear. That explains how you can afford to shoot 10mm.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

10MMGary Likes This 
Old 03-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #73

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Obviously I was being facetious in regards to the Lear(although I have flown in two different models owned by friends from days long past. On my budget today I could either afford an hours worth of Fuel for a Lear-35($1300.00 or so per hour)or shoot my 10mm's pretty regularly for a year(I handload). Last I heard a gallon of Jet-A fuel was $6 something a gallon. All kidding aside I do have my own out door 150-yd rifle range which could be extended to 200 yds if I get off my backside and rent or hire a bush hog capable of talking out a extremely thick section of palmetto scrub(maybe next year). I also have a 40-50-yd* hand gun range(*depending on if it is the rainy season) Here is a photo of my rifle range early in it's development, set up at the time of photo was at approx 100-yds. The dirt berm on the left was the beginning of the 40-50-yd hand gun range. The hand gun berm as it exist now it is much higher wider and deeper.

Here is my spotter and all round favorite shooting buddy Lucy taking a nap while I walk down and change out target.

Beer is good, God is great, but as long as there are fish to catch heaven can wait.

utf59 Likes This 
Old 03-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10MMGary View Post
Obviously I was being facetious in regards to the Lear(although I have flown in two different models owned by friends from days long past. On my budget today I could either afford an hours worth of Fuel for a Lear-35($1300.00 or so per hour)or shoot my 10mm's pretty regularly for a year(I handload). Last I heard a gallon of Jet-A fuel was $6 something a gallon. All kidding aside I do have my own out door 150-yd rifle range which could be extended to 200 yds if I get off my backside and rent or hire a bush hog capable of talking out a extremely thick section of palmetto scrub(maybe next year). I also have a 40-50-yd* hand gun range(*depending on if it is the rainy season) Here is a photo of my rifle range early in it's development, set up at the time of photo was at approx 100-yds. The dirt berm on the left was the beginning of the 40-50-yd hand gun range. The hand gun berm as it exist now it is much higher wider and deeper.

Here is my spotter and all round favorite shooting buddy Lucy taking a nap while I walk down and change out target.
Nice looking dog and rifle, what make and caliber is your rifle?

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #75

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That is my ole Ruger 1022 Magnum (original single extractor version) in a Hogue over molded stock using a Harris bipod with a old Simmons 6.5-20 X 44 AO on top.

DFlynt Likes This 
Old 03-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #76

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Nexus is really coming along. I pass it everyday to work...its like waiting for christmas

Old 03-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #77

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Member of Colonial Shooting range in Virginia

Old 06-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #78

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Newest and Best Shooting Range!

Nexus Indoor shooting range is finally done and open to the public. I received the invite to go try things out about week before they officially opened and only put about 50 rounds down range. For the most part it was just to check things out. I really don't like to go to the range by myself and it was invite only and my friends were working.
This past weekend I did go with a couple buddies. We got there just after 7pm shot the lanes on the right side. Now, there is a right and left side. The right side is your standard paper targets range. Really nice cool everything is electronic. The control box has a digital distance counter that moves in half yard increments and the target holder has the ability to flip side ways,we didn't really get into how to set them, but it looked like there is all sorts of modes you can set them up to do. The left side has some of them most advanced indoor target shooting i have seen. It was pistol only and we had rifles. I don't even know how to describe them, but the targets are projected onto this screen and you can set up all sorts of scenarios. Its all very technical.
Anyway, we got there about 7 and had basically a 2 hour private shooting range to ourselves. Lanes are clean, the best ventilation system around, and as long as it isn't steel core ammo you can shoot it, don't quote me on this but i think the biggest caliber you can shoot is 30-06, they do have rules like you must qualify for holster draws and rapid fire. Now I have been to other ranges with non-shooters that felt uncomfortable and wanted to leave, because of both the other people and the building itself. I doubt that that would ever happen here.
Oh I almost forgot the best part. As we were leaving I got to meet none other than Canebrake himself. Nice guy and not as nearly as old as I thought.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #79

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 220

May have missed it did anyone say ...
http://www.bsfshootingsports.com/Home/

I've been once. And plan on going back...
Friends trying to get me to go too ..
http://basicsrangeandgun.com/

Old 02-21-2014, 10:15 PM   #80

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Proud to belong to this NRA club:

http://oakdalegunclub.org