Panhandle of Florida??? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Florida Gun Forum > Panhandle of Florida???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 05:38 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 4 Posts

The state facility on quintette rd is fine and very basic. Not much to speak of in the way of facilities such as pro shop, bathrooms, or gathering areas. Just down the street is a club that until recently was called the muzzleloaders club. It has changed names (to what I don't recall), and has tournaments including Appleseed events. In the general area is a private range owned by a fellow who calls himself Capt. Ron. He offers tactical instruction among other lessons, and his website is iwillnotbeavictim.com .

Pensacola specialty pawn on Pace Blvd is in the process of selling memberships to secure the funds for an indoor range to be built on location. Ask for Warren.

My personal fav is Styx River Shooting Center in Alabama. I'm central to all of the ranges and its only a 30 min drive to any one of them for me. Styx has a gun shop, gunsmith, supplies, classes on several topics including reload. And they have a great set up for whatever your preference is, including clay.

Last (that I know of) is Jays Guns in Baker,FL. It's waaaaaaay out in the middle of nowhere, BUT (a major plus) they rent out every firearm in the house from full auto, 50cal, to pistols and exploding targets. I thoroughly enjoy taking my friends out there. They also have an indoor range in Panama City.

Hope that helps.