Open knife carry - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Florida Gun Forum > Open knife carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 03:41 AM   #41
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
I'm hard on my knives as well. Check out the Kershaw Blur, that thing can take some abuse. That blade will not rust either, which is a huge plus in my book. You can find them for around $40-$50 online, so not something you'll cry about if you lose it.

Oh, and did I mention the best part? It's made in America!!!
this one of the last ones i bought at Lowes for $9.95. i like it alot.

http://www.coastportland.com/lx320-tuff-task.htm

Old 05-12-2014, 03:58 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 548 Times on 333 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Well reading through this thread some arguments escalated quickly!

To the question, I guess it depends on WHERE in Florida you live as there is a demographic and political change throughout the state.

I currently am living in the panhandle and I see people OC fixed blade knives all the time. Don't think they were longer than 4 inches though, but some had to be close. It is something that I can't recall seeing as often in either Texas or Oklahoma, although it did still happen. To be honest I don't know what the law is about carrying a concealed knife in Florida is but I always carry a Leatherman Wave on my belt and a ~3 inch Buck folder clipped in my front pocket.

My way of thinking is I don't know why I need anyone's damn permission to carry a freakin tool. I grew up carrying knives all the time, and that wasn't all that long ago being I'm in my early 20's. Heck, Back when I was in high school the rednecks would carry knives clipped in their pockets at school and the police officers that worked the schools knew. It never became a problem and the police never said anything unless you had one in your possession and were dumb enough to get in a fight.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 05-12-2014, 08:12 AM   #43
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3288 Times on 2236 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Default Open knife carry

The Four inch rule was in effect for all knives in NYC when I was a kid. We had folding tools and stuff all the time.
I have been buying different Kershaw's at my Big 5 over the last year. My worst nightmare is to buy a "TV market" Knife because while some of them are cool so many of them look cheap...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 05-12-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1866 Times on 1279 Posts
Likes Given: 690

I either carry a Buck 110 or a Gerber Wallowa. Neither knife is expensive but they both get the job done. If you break a Buck 110 send it in for a replacement. Don't grind your Buck for temporary use. Putting a grinder on a buck knife voids the warranty.

Here in NC the max blade length for a pocket folder is 3 1/2". The older police officers do know the knife laws. I am not sure younger officers are aware we have knife laws.

Here is a photo of a Gerber Wallowa.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 05-12-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:15 AM   #45

Default Open knife carry

I have a Buck and a Case that I don't carry, but others including a 112 that I do pocket or belt carry. Have one here somewhere I know I posted it before...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #46

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1399886252.570067.jpg

Most of the Family....

Old 05-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 435 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point6liter View Post
I wouldn't call pushing the tip of a knife through the scales/skin of a redfish abuse, it just flat out failed. **** happens, but I'd rather it not happen again.
Oh I know, I wasn't trying to say that that was abuse. I was just responding to how you said that you won't even hard use your SOG anymore.