Open knife carry - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Florida Gun Forum > Open knife carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 553 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 173

Quote:
Why are you always trying to compare America to England and trying to make it sounds like this is such a terrible place? Aren't you the one who said that your police would be gunned down with automatic weapons if they were identified as police?
I am sure its not a terrible place. Reading from an outside perspective posts like carrying two firearms ,carrying a firearm around the house some taking it to the toilet shower etc with them. The obvious question is are things that bad there if people feel that threatened.

Quote:
Aren't you the one who said that your police would be gunned down with automatic weapons if they were identified as police?
Not so much now but the threat is still there and if I was a police officer I would want to carry a firearm precisely because I know that people would be happy to kill me. But I am not and don't feel the need to carry a weapon for defence. I feel safe in my house and walking down the street. That's me if others feel safer carrying a knife or firearm that's up to them at least you have the choice to carry if you want in a lot of countries that's not the case. The people that try to kill police are cowards and try not to get into a situation that they might get shot at. A example below they were happy to kill a police officers 12 year old daughter to get him this happened 5 days ago.

Quote:
A former policeman and his 12-year-old daughter escaped death or serious injury after he thwarted a booby trap car bomb attack in Northern Ireland.
The ex-officer discovered the viable device attached to the under-side of his vehicle as he was about to drive his child to school in east Belfast this morning.

Last edited by manta; 11-13-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #22

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Well ya see...

You consistently ask that very same question over and over...

And it's been explained to you, over and over. Several times. By myself and several others. Without trying to persuade, but in attempts to inform.

So, you're either a troll, or you're slow in the head. There. I said it. Those are the only two reasons I can think of to drive a conversation in circles SO OFTEN, and under the exact same premise.

Either you CHOOSE to not "understand" because it's not convenient to your superiority complex when talking to the yanks in the colonies, or you're not capable of it.

Oh, and our police don't generally have to worry about reprisals except in some of the most violent and gang ridden cities (incidentally, those with the strictest gun control laws)

Why would you choose to live in such a dangerous place that a man's family has to live in fear for their lives because of his job?

Old 11-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2428 Times on 1334 Posts
Likes Given: 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love
I was told my Florida CWP covers knives, including autos. I don't see why it wouldn't.
http://www.floridacarry.org/issues/knife-preemption

That gives a pretty good explanation of it.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 11-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 553 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 173

Quote:
Why would you choose to live in such a dangerous place that a man's family has to live in fear for their lives because if his job?
Are police not killed in America and deliberately targeted because they are police, of course they do and have being in the past by the mafia etc. Why do you live in such a dangerous place that a man family has to live in fear because of their lives because of their job. As for leaving that's might be what you would do , I wouldn't let terrorists decide where I should or should not live. That's a bit like asking why do people not leave New York are Boston because of the terrorists attacks, I think most Americans would have more courage than that.
N Ireland is a beautiful place and a great place to live with a low crime rate. Why would I not want to live here.
Quote:
And it's been explained to you, over and over. Several times. By myself and several others. Without trying to persuade, but in attempts to inform.
Maybe I am bit slow on the take up. Try again answer my post below.

Quote:
I am sure its not a terrible place. Reading from an outside perspective posts like carrying two firearms ,carrying a firearm around the house some taking it to the toilet shower etc with them. The obvious question is are things that bad there if people feel that threatened.

Last edited by manta; 11-13-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #25

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

My point... Exactly.

I've already given my opinion to the OP in this matter, somewhere within the first five posts I believe. Which was that I had no problem from other people when carrying a large fix bladed knife, I just choose not to do so because it got in my way and did nothing in my daily life that I couldn't accomplish with a cheapie folder. Of course he's being mindful of the local laws, excellent!

Manta, if you'd like to continue our side discussion, and DISCONTINUE the sidetracking of this thread, I'll be happy to discuss further through PM.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3727 Times on 2284 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Damn limys....

Always have clean socks.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-14-2013, 02:07 AM   #27

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post

http://www.floridacarry.org/issues/knife-preemption

That gives a pretty good explanation of it.
Thanks Delta. I can't believe knives aren't preempted like firearms.

Old 11-14-2013, 02:21 AM   #28
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

personally, unless i was hunting, i think carrying a larger fixed blade knife to be more in the way than useful. i pocket carry a very useful folding knife that will cover 99% of my daily needs.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:58 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 446 Times on 246 Posts
Likes Given: 897

I've open carried a large fixed blade a few times on my way back from camping trips and fishing. Noone ever said a thing about it, even though it definitely wasn't what you would call discreet. Currently I pocket carry a 4" blade in my front right, a Kershaw Blur in my front left, and I illegally carry a fixed blade on my boot. Can't even tell that it's there thanks to my jeans. I figure that the only time anyone will know I have it is if I have to use it, at which point I won't care at all.

Last edited by Franklin1995; 05-12-2014 at 02:53 AM.

Old 05-12-2014, 03:33 AM   #30
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

for me a knife is more of a tool than a weapon of sorts. i use my knife constantly throughout the day. several years ago i started buying cheaper knives for work, simply because if i broke one, or i lost it, then it wouldn't be a heartbreaking or wallet denter if it happened. i'd much rather lose or break a $10 knife than a nicer and more expensive knife.

i have several fixed blade knives, but i very seldom ever even use them, much less carry them.