Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Florida Gun Forum > Open knife carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I have always found it strange that in most states a CC permit allows a powerful multi-shot firearm. However you are prohibited from carrying concealed pocket knives of specified types??
Arizona's concealed carry laws also allows and covers carrying knives. Now that is a sensible law.
I have been told that Mississippi is the same way. I don't know for sure though, haven't checked it myself.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2194 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I have been told that Mississippi is the same way. I don't know for sure though, haven't checked it myself.
Yeah Mississippi has some pretty convoluted restrictive concealed knife laws. Be glad you live in Louisiana. Only knife laws there involve "switchblades". And that only applies to fully automatic knives.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 11-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post

Yeah Mississippi has some pretty convoluted restrictive concealed knife laws. Be glad you live in Louisiana. Only knife laws there involve "switchblades". And that only applies to fully automatic knives.
People seem to think a Balisong is illegal though. Amazing.

I know there used to be laws regarding dirks and daggers, but my cop buddy (head code enforcement officer, so he has a better grasp on state and local statutes than most other cops) said the exact same thing you just did. I believe his exact words were, "if you use a button or lever, it's a no-go. Spring ASSISTED is fine as long as you actually have to manipulate the blade."

Old 11-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #14

Liked 356 Times on 251 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
I would like to open carry a knife, and would like to know if anyone else OCs a knife in Florida and if they have any problems with it
Are you not allowed to carry them concealed. Why would you want to open carry a knife. Don't take this the wrong way it would not be allowed here unless you needed it for work or hunting. If you walked down the street with one you would be arrested. but if I did most people would think I had lost the plot after they stopped laughing. Must be different in America.

Quote:
Basic laws on knives

It is illegal to:
Carry a knife in public without good reason - unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, eg a Swiss Army knife
carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife (the list of banned knives is below)
use any knife in a threatening way (even a legal knife, such as a Swiss Army knife)

Lock knives (knives with blades that can be locked when unfolded) are not folding knives, and are illegal to carry in public.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Are you not allowed to carry them concealed. Why would you want to open carry a knife. Don't take this the wrong way it would not be allowed here unless you needed it for work or hunting. If you walked down the street with one you would be arrested. but if I did most people would think I had lost the plot after they stopped laughing. Must be different in America.
We've... been... telling.... you....this.....

I still can't imagine why you insist so often that we have to be just like you guys. We kicked y'all's butts out once already.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #16

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

We've... been... telling.... you....this.....

I still can't imagine why you insist so often that we have to be just like you guys. We kicked y'all's butts out once already.
Bwahaaaaa! Easy Trip,, our friends over the water woke up AFTER being disarmed. I think many wished they had fought for their rights in hindsight. Just contrasts our mentality I guess........

Old 11-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #17

Liked 356 Times on 251 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
I still can't imagine why you insist so often that we have to be just like you guys.
I am not saying that that you must be like us guys. Just seems strange why someone would want to open carry a knife. I say it must be an American thing because no one I know has any desire to carry a knife and feels safe walking down the street unarmed. Is crime or fear of crime that bad in America.

Quote:
We kicked y'all's butts out once already.
Means nothing to me I wasn't around then were you. Anyway there were plenty from here that helped helped you kick buts as well as the French and Mel Gibson . Maybe you need a few history lessons I will try and help.

Quote:
Scotch-Irish (or Scots-Irish) Americans are the descendants of Presbyterian and other Protestant dissenters from the Irish province of Ulster who migrated to North America during the 18th and 19th century Most of the Scotch-Irish were descended from Scottish and English families who colonized Ireland during the Plantation of Ulster in the 17th century. While an estimated 36 million Americans (12% of the total population) reported Irish ancestry in 2006, and 6 million (2% of the population) reported Scottish ancestry, an additional 5.4 million (1.8% of the population) identified more specifically with Scotch-Irish ancestry. People in Great Britain or Ireland that are of a similar ancestry usually refer to themselves as Ulster Scots, with the term Scotch-Irish used only in North America.

Quote:
AMERICAN PRESIDENTS OF ULSTER DESCENT

1. Andrew Jackson. 7th President. 1829 1837. Co. Antrim.

2. James Knox Polk. 11th President. 1845 1849. Co. Londonderry.

3. James Buchanan. 15th President. 1857 1861. Co. Tyrone.

4. Andrew Johnson. 17th President. 1865 1869. Co. Antrim.

5. Ulysses S. Grant. 18th President. 1869 1877. Co. Tyrone.

6. Chester A. Arthur. 21st President. 1881 1885. Co. Antrim.

7. Stephen Grover Cleveland. 22nd & 24th President. 1885 1889,1893 1897.

8. Benjamin Harrison. 23rd 1889 1893. Co. Antrim.

9. William McKinley. 25th 1897 1901. Co. Antrim.

10. Theodore Roosevelt. 26th 1901 1904. Co. Antrim.

11. Thomas Woodrow Wilson. 28th 1913 1921. Co. Tyrone.

Last edited by manta; 11-13-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #18

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

Good thing we're not purists Many Americans are mudbloods, like myself. Irish, Scandinavian, Lokota Sioux. With all that guess what I am?
AMERICAN!

Old 11-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I am not saying that that you must be like us guys. Just seems strange why someone would want to open carry a knife. I say it must be an American thing because no one I know has any desire to carry a knife and feels safe walking down the street unarmed. Is crime or fear of crime that bad in America.

Means nothing to me I wasn't around then were you. Anyway there were plenty from here that helped helped you kick buts as well as the French and Mel Gibson . Maybe you need a few history lessons I will try and help.
Well aren't you just the smart one. For your info, I already know history pretty well, especially my own personal history. Father's side were Anglo Saxon invaders of the British isles, mother's side is Welsh, unknown how far back they go or where they mat have come from before that.

Why are you always trying to compare America to England and trying to make it sounds like this is such a terrible place? Aren't you the one who said that your police would be gunned down with automatic weapons if they were identified as police? Yet you take our culture to been that we must be such an overly violent people that we're all paranoid and afraid of being caught in an act of violence everytime we step outside?

Old 11-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #20

Liked 623 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I was told my Florida CWP covers knives, including autos. I don't see why it wouldn't.