Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Florida Gun Forum > NFA trust attorney

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 12:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default NFA trust attorney

Can anyone recommend a good attorney to set up a NFA trust in the Orlando/ Daytona area? How much does it typically cost? Thanks in advance.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I have no experience in Florida other than a vacation, so please ignore if this isn't of interest.

I was able to set up my trust through the dealer who sold me my first suppressor for ZERO ADDITIONAL change. It was a serve they offered to allow people to protect themselves in this state (Washington). You might want to check with a couple of Class III dealers in your area and see if they offer the same service.

My trust was a matter of 7 or 8 pages of paperwork and they filed it for me as part of the application with the ATF/Feds on the purchase of my suppressor.

Good luck. Definitely go with the trust as you can then "bequeath" the suppressor upon your demise to a family member or friend who can pass the background check and pay the $200 transfer fee.

JD

Old 07-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 180 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 46

There's a reputable one here in Nevada. He got my trust done. I'm not 100% sure if he does interstates. His fee is $200. Call him for more details. His name is Ben (702-784-5990).

Old 07-08-2012, 03:19 AM   #4

Liked 4450 Times on 2348 Posts
Likes Given: 254

do not use an attourney that is not familiar with your state trust laws they do differ greatly state to state.

your local class3 dealer should be able to recomend a decent trust attourney to you.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-08-2012, 03:26 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 180 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Agree with JonM said. That's why i said i'm not sure if my attorney does interstates. Thank's JonM for the reminder.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #6

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks for the info, I'll ask my lgs who they recommend.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book"