New Gun Store in Jax

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Florida Gun Forum > New Gun Store in Jax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default New Gun Store in Jax

I just got off the phone with my daughter who is very happy to report on her visit to a new gun store on Jacksonville's Southside. It's called Platinum Gun and is being run by a guy that worked for years at St Nicholas Guns. According to my daughter the grand opening is next month, and they plan on catering to the concealed carry group and ladies. Their website is platinumgun.net.

I have not been there yet, but I plan on it within a few days. I'll update the thread as I get more info.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #2

Good deal! We can do with some competition in Jax -- do you know if they have a website yet?

Old 10-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

As a matter of fact, they do.

platinumgun.net

Old 10-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Swung by there today with a friend from work. They don't have a lot of inventory; I think they're planning to make more with online sales than through the shop.

The inventory they had was pretty good, though. And the people we talked to were very friendly.

Overall, the pricing looked good. I didn't see any screaming deals, but I didn't see anything marked up so high that it ticked me off.

They're affiliated with an online distributor, and their site links to the distributor's site. So you can shop and order online and pick your gun up there.

Definitely worth a look.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 10-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by utf59 View Post
Swung by there today with a friend from work. They don't have a lot of inventory; I think they're planning to make more with online sales than through the shop.

The inventory they had was pretty good, though. And the people we talked to were very friendly.

Overall, the pricing looked good. I didn't see any screaming deals, but I didn't see anything marked up so high that it ticked me off.

They're affiliated with an online distributor, and their site links to the distributor's site. So you can shop and order online and pick your gun up there.

Definitely worth a look.
Thanks for the info. I have been meaning to get up there to check them out, but something is always coming up to keep me down here. I was a lot less busy before I retired. This retired stuff is hard work.