Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Florida Gun Forum > Looking for a good gun range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default Looking for a good gun range

We recently moved from West Virginia to Florida and now need to find the right gun range for our family. We are looking for one near Riverview, Brandon, Tampa, Area and willing to drive up to an hour and a half to two hours for the right range.

We are looking for a gun range that has no range officers. A place where my husband can take a small group and have them shoot to give them a concealed weapons class for there permit. We would prefer it to be free or rather cheap since he will be going a lot. Also, Our son will be turning 5 soon so my husband will be taking him to the range to start teaching him how to shoot so range must allow children.

Thanks for any help

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 439 Posts
Likes Given: 180

Try the phone app: Where 2 Shoot.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1758 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
We recently moved from West Virginia to Florida and now need to find the right gun range for our family. We are looking for one near Riverview, Brandon, Tampa, Area and willing to drive up to an hour and a half to two hours for the right range.

We are looking for a gun range that has no range officers. A place where my husband can take a small group and have them shoot to give them a concealed weapons class for there permit. We would prefer it to be free or rather cheap since he will be going a lot. Also, Our son will be turning 5 soon so my husband will be taking him to the range to start teaching him how to shoot so range must allow children.

Thanks for any help
Do some checking on Tennerock. Ask a gun shop owner if it is family friendly before you go out there. Years ago I heard some militia talk, but can't prove it.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #4

Welcome to Florida.
There are several ranges in Tampa, the one I've heard good things about is Shoot Straight and Wyoming Antelope Club in Clearwater.
Good luck.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #5

Likes Given: 1

If you are willing to drive to Plant City - they have a couple good ranges, one is a smaller place, lower rates on Collins Street, the other is out by I-4 behind Buddy Freddy's. There is also another option in Brandon - Family Firearms at the corner of SR 60 and St Cloud - great folks there.

Welcome to sunny FL.