Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Florida Gun Forum > Jacksonville gun ranges

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Jacksonville gun ranges

The only gun range that I have been to is a place called gateway gun club it's a nice outdoor range

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #2

im thinking about joining that club , do you think i should ? what does it have to offer ?

Old 04-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #3

Rifle range and small arms range there are other things there for members but not sure what I'm not a member there

Old 04-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #4

ok thats sounds cool

Old 04-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I'm a member. I like it because I prefer to shoot outdoors. They have several bays for pistol/rimfire shooting, as well as 100-yd. and 200-yd. rifle lines for members and their guests. For "day shooters," there are two or three pistol lines and a 100-yd rifle line.

tac, there's also an outdoor range in St. Augustine, which might be more convenient to Palatka. It's pricier than Gateway, but it's a nice place. And the last I heard, there is an indoor range in Palatka, though I don't know much about it.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 04-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #6

There is one in palatka but it is very small

Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #7

Liked 136 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Gun ranges in the Jacksonville area would include:
Gun Gallery - Beach Blvd, indoor pistol range.
Bullseye - indoor pistol range
Gateway Pistol & Rifle Club - Outdoor pistol, rifle etc. More facilities you can use if you are a member
2nd Amendment - actually in Yulee, indoor pistol range.
On Target Sports, Wells Rd Orange Park, opens March 2013. Indoor pistol and rifle.
New range is supposed to open soon on College Drive in Orange Park. Owner has been having some issues but thinks he will be open soon.

Its hard around here to find a good range where you can shoot pretty much anything. I have a shotgun and have found it tough to find anywhere to shoot it. Gateway have a patterning area but you cant shoot anything bigger than #6 shot. The new On Target Sports range is going to allow shotguns (slugs only).
I am hoping the new one on College Drive gets off the ground and has good facilities.