Home protection while drinking - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Florida Gun Forum > Home protection while drinking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 679 Times on 409 Posts
Likes Given: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
the Castle Law in Texas covers your home, your property, your vehicle adn even your workplace.
yeah, same here. Once apon a time Texas use to have a law where a property owner could shoot trespassers and still might have it..Not saying I would do that. But you know Texas has some old laws still in the books. My cousin has lived there for years and she tells me some crazy stuff....Don't mess with Texas!

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:31 PM   #42
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1803 View Post
yeah, same here. Once apon a time Texas use to have a law where a property owner could shoot trespassers and still might have it..Not saying I would do that. But you know Texas has some old laws still in the books. My cousin has lived there for years and she tells me some crazy stuff....Don't mess with Texas!
there was a time even in Texas before the Castle Law was enacted that even in a self defence shooting, it was very likely you would be spending the night in jail and you would have to prove you indeed acted in self defence.

a lot of it depended on where you lived in Texas. closer to the larger and more populated cities, things were a bit more liberal and almost anti-gun like. in the less populated and more rural areas, a bit less, and more conservative in nature.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #43

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Just don't get your gun drunk.

Guns kill people, you know.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:06 PM   #44

Liked 1108 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 734

I still beg to differ. As we all know, it often doesn't matter what the law says, it's what the powers-that-be want or think. If a prosecutor finds out that you had alcohol in you at the time of the shooting, it may not matter what the law says, he may choose to press the issue, focus on that, and try to get you hung out to dry on it.
Just my .02.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Eagle1803 Likes This 
Old 05-15-2014, 12:13 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 679 Times on 409 Posts
Likes Given: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I still beg to differ. As we all know, it often doesn't matter what the law says, it's what the powers-that-be want or think. If a prosecutor finds out that you had alcohol in you at the time of the shooting, it may not matter what the law says, he may choose to press the issue, focus on that, and try to get you hung out to dry on it.
Just my .02.
Yeah I agree, they would say something like he was intoxicated and made the wrong decision and wasn't coherent at the time. In the western days it would fly and in today society you never know.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.