Florida Laws

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Florida Gun Forum > Florida Laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 02:45 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Default Florida Laws

Does anyone know how many acres of property one must have to shoot firearms freely in Central Florida?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2013, 04:23 AM   #2

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Prob just be in the county and have no projectiles leave the property. City limits are always a no go in FL from my experience in Central FL and North FL.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Does anyone know how many acres of property one must have to shoot firearms freely in Central Florida?
This is one of those check your local statutes, codes, and ordinances questions. Any answer you get here may get you in a pile of trouble.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:42 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I live in Seminole County, but I don't work for Seminole County or Orange County, so I am not sure of the laws. However I know some who live in both and shoot on property. The Orande County guy lives in East Orange, and has a ton of downed trees piled up as a backstop, and open country behind him, without any people wandering around. he also fires nothing but .22s.

The Seminole County guy has about 8 acres, and had a bull dozer come in and build a berm for him to shoot at. It is about 10-12 feet high, and there is a lake behind it. He shoots everything he has I understand.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
I live in Seminole County, but I don't work for Seminole County or Orange County, so I am not sure of the laws. However I know some who live in both and shoot on property. The Orande County guy lives in East Orange, and has a ton of downed trees piled up as a backstop, and open country behind him, without any people wandering around. he also fires nothing but .22s.

The Seminole County guy has about 8 acres, and had a bull dozer come in and build a berm for him to shoot at. It is about 10-12 feet high, and there is a lake behind it. He shoots everything he has I understand.
This is one of those questions that really can't be answered by anyone but the OP. The reason is because it doesn't concern gun laws. What he's talking about is basically land use laws, and unlike the the local's relative impotence about gun law in Florida, they can do almost anything they want with zoning and public nuisance ordinances.

I have seen many people around the Ocala National Forest use there yard for a range. Some of them did nothing and some made major safety improvements. Most of them got away with it, but a lot of that had to do with cooperative neighbors. Unfortunately there is no solid answer to the OP's question since there are so many areas of law that would cover it, and no real definition of outdoor range requirements.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Thanks fellas for your replies!

Old 04-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2878 Times on 1662 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

County ordinances regulate firearms usage on private property in Santa Rosa.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)