Does Everybody here know about GroupBuyBulkAmmo?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Florida Gun Forum > Does Everybody here know about GroupBuyBulkAmmo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Does Everybody here know about GroupBuyBulkAmmo?

Not sure if everyone here knows about Dixie Ammo's GroupBuyBulkAmmo site?

For those that don't, Dixie Ammo in Ft. Lauderdale does a monthly group buy on ammo at pretty good prices (although it seems as if prices are up slightly this month and selection is down due to market forces). They also do group buys on related items, like prepping, firearms, etc.

They use the forum for suggestions and those suggestions sometimes become future group buys depending on interest level and availability of a good deal.

To see this month's group buys, go to the Forum and then to "MONTHLY AMMO and PRODUCT GROUP BUY LIST FORUM".

My only knock is that the website really sucks sometimes. I wish they'd move away from Group Spaces, but I don't know what other alternatives would work.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I have yet been able to get on that site.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-08-2012, 01:04 AM   #3

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

I can't get on the site either. However. I sure would like to go into with some folks here in Florida to purchase some bult ammo. 9mm, .40. 12 g, etd.

No such thing as a "running start"
NRA, ILE, American Shooter

Old 05-09-2012, 02:46 AM   #4

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

The timing of my post was horrible. The partners split up. Not sure if the group buy will pick up again in the future. All I know is that they cancelled their April buy and there is nothing on the horizon for now.

Sorry!

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 07-25-2012, 01:56 AM   #5

We need to find a good place for bulk ammo to get down here in Florida. Ammo in state is high. Gun stores are a rip for the most part. The reason I got for the dealers being so high is that they don't have regular clientel for the most part. So make as much money as you can when you can is their way of thinking. Of course I'm not speaking of all as there are some out there with good intentions. My FFL who also has his own little shop just plainly said. It hard for him to get bulk ammo as they charge him big taxes and then the shipping takes any saving away. So he just stays away from the bulk ammo thing. At least he's honest. My son and I went to Bass Pro Shops thinking that we should be able to buy bulk due to the large chain. WRONG. Their ammo is so expensive I don't know why they would even deal in it. I think it's for the people that just need to pick up a box or two when they purchase a gun. Other than that, I found that Acadamy Sports has some good prices if you keep an eye out for it and then compaired when your in the store. What I mean is - They will have the little plastic ammo boxes of, lets say 40 caliber S&W. 500 rounds for 100 bucks. I though that wasn't so bad but turned around and found boxes of 250 rounds for 40 bucks a box - same brand. Got 750 rounds for 20 bucks more than the little plastic ammo box of 500 rounds. They put the little plastic ammo boxes in the middle of the isle to make it look good but it does pay to take your time and looke around. I will check around and see if maybe I can find someone who may be willing to help us secure some bulk ammo for decent prices. You guys do the same and we'll meet in the middle.

Regards.

Greg

Old 07-27-2012, 01:56 AM   #6

Location: Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Marriott and Hilton hotels
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I haven't found any good places in Florida to buy bulk ammo...nada nothing. I've been mail ordering ammo finding great prices, free shipping and no tax.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:04 AM   #7

That's kinda what I was thinking about. If we approach a dealer outside of Florida and tell them that we are interested in purchasing bulk, maybe we could get a better price if maybe five of us went in together and started with one caliber then moving to another caliber. I know I would like to have 45's, 40's, 357's 7.62's, 9mm (of course) and some 12 and 20 guage bucks. Maybe some slugs but I think bucks do the most damage. Then again, I know some of us hunt and would want some 12 and 20 guage bird shot and other rifle caliber rounds.

Anyway. I'll continue to ask my contacts and see where it goes. May not go anywhere but it never hurts to ask.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:39 AM   #8

OK - I found a group that will sell us bulk ammo at group prices. 10% obove what they give for their cost.

Duck Creek Armory. Very nice fellows and honest people all around. I've purchased many weapons from them. I wrote them and told them of our dilemma. The dilemma of living in Florida and not being able to find Ammo at good prices at all down here. They have their good ole boy groups down here with the older guys that have known the gun shops since they were kids and getting them to take us seriously is almost impossible. When I sent them this explanation of why it's hard for us to find ammo at decent prices here in Florida, the reply I got was "Consider ourselves part of the good Ole boy club at Duck Creek". They only have a 15% mark up of the ammo they purchase anyway and will take 5% off of that with a bulk sell. Plus, they said they would take of more than that if they can find any wiggle room at all. An advantage to this is that we don't pay taxes. The copy of the return letter is as follows at the bottom of this note. I do trust these guys and will give you an example of why. I ordered a Mossberg 5 shot (6 with one in the Chamber) from them. They promised me the shotgun by a certain date and it didn't make it. To apologize, the sent me an 8 shot Mossberg 500 (9 with one on the chamber) free of any additional charges. They didn't even change the ticket. Just sent the shot gun and it came with a pistol grip and everything. All because they wanted to keep a good customer happy. Let me know what you guys think. Shoot them a letter and mention my name so they know who you are and we can go from there if you want. I hope this is what you guys are looking for and I do have to emphasize that I do trust them more than any other dealer that I've ever dealt with. I'm in the process of purchasing a Taurus Public Defender for my wife now. I have purchased a Saiga 7.62 AK 47, The Mossberg that I mentioned, a Keltec 11 with extended mags so I have two with 15 round capacity and one in the chamber (31 rounds is a lot to have to confront on the other end of the gun) and a Stun Gun for my daughters 16th birthday. They sold it to me at cost as a birthday present for my daughter.

Real good people and honest folks to deal with.

Consider yourself in our Good Ole Boy's club, I'll take 5% off all your ammo
orders (which is a good deal because we only mark up 15%) if you want to
place a bulk order. In fact, I'll even cut a little more than that off if I
can manage it. Let me know what calibers and quantities you're looking for
and I'll shoot you a quote. Thanks for considering us!

Thank you,

Duck Creek Armory
1918 Washington St.
Davenport, IA 52804
Phone: 563-265-3780
Fax: 800-521-9083
online-sales@duckcreekarmory.com
www.DuckCreekArmory.com

Last edited by peybella; 07-28-2012 at 06:15 AM.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:49 AM   #9

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by peybella View Post
OK - I found a group that will sell us bulk ammo at group prices. 10% obove what they give for their cost.

Duck Creek Armory. Very nice fellows and honest people all around. I've purchased many weapons from them. I wrote them and told them of our dilemma. The dilemma of living in Florida and not being able to find Ammo at good prices at all down here. They have their good ole boy groups down here with the older guys that have known the gun shops since they were kids and getting them to take us seriously is almost impossible. When I sent them this explanation of why it's hard for us to find ammo at decent prices here in Florida, the reply I got was "Consider ourselves part of the good Ole boy club at Duck Creek". They only have a 15% mark up of the ammo they purchase anyway and will take 5% off of that with a bulk sell. Plus, they said they would take of more than that if they can find any wiggle room at all. An advantage to this is that we don't pay taxes. The copy of the return letter is as follows at the bottom of this note. I do trust these guys and will give you an example of why. I ordered a Mossberg 5 shot (6 with one in the Chamber) from them. They promised me the shotgun by a certain date and it didn't make it. To apologize, the sent me an 8 shot Mossberg 500 (9 with one on the chamber) free of any additional charges. They didn't even change the ticket. Just sent the shot gun and it came with a pistol grip and everything. All because they wanted to keep a good customer happy. Let me know what you guys think. Shoot them a letter and mention my name so they know who you are and we can go from there if you want. I hope this is what you guys are looking for and I do have to emphasize that I do trust them more than any other dealer that I've ever dealt with. I'm in the process of purchasing a Taurus Public Defender for my wife now. I have purchased a Saiga 7.62 AK 47, The Mossberg that I mentioned, a Kilter P with extended mags so I have two with 15 round capacity and one in the chamber (31 rounds is a lot to have to confront on the other end of the gun) and a Stun Gun for my daughters 16th birthday. They sold it to me at cost as a birthday present for my daughter.

Real good people and honest folks to deal with.

Consider yourself in our Good Ole Boy's club, I'll take 5% off all your ammo
orders (which is a good deal because we only mark up 15%) if you want to
place a bulk order. In fact, I'll even cut a little more than that off if I
can manage it. Let me know what calibers and quantities you're looking for
and I'll shoot you a quote. Thanks for considering us!

Thank you,

Duck Creek Armory
1918 Washington St.
Davenport, IA 52804
Phone: 563-265-3780
Fax: 800-521-9083
online-sales@duckcreekarmory.com
www.DuckCreekArmory.com
Interesting. If you have any issues with the owner I'll go rant for ya he's down the road from me.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #10

Hey Hey hey - Inside track. Maybe you should go rub an elbow or two.\
No joke. Don't know of your experiance with them but I truly like the way the way they do business. Customer care goes a long way with me.

GOFFA?