Comments for Disney carry - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Florida Gun Forum > Comments for Disney carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #31
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
You should try Wilderness Lodge. That is by far our favorite. The lobby is a little noisy with the restaurant right there, but the staff is great, the architecture is fantastic, and transportation is easy. We also found the other guests to be more friendly than some other places we stayed. I felt totally secure there.

We did a Christmas season trip to Grand Floridian, and it was absolutely beautiful but more expensive. The best part of that was the swing/jazz band every night. Being a monorail hotel was convenient, too. If you are ever at DW during the Christmas season you need to at least stop by Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and Wilderness Lodge to see their decorations. Again, Grand Floridian felt safe to me, the staff was great, but the guests were a little snobbish. With all the fun we were having that didn't matter.

We did a weekend at Fort Wilderness in one of the cabins. Think short single wide with log siding. The cabins are way out from transportation to the parks, but there is bus transportation available. It was clean, well stocked, and we saw several deer from our porch. I'm guessing they were not animatronic. My advice is if you go there you should plan on renting a cart since the buses are irregular at best. We wasted a lot of time waiting for buses that could have been better spent elsewhere. At least an hour and a half a day.

Like I said, Coronado is the only place that had me on edge of all the places we have stayed at Disney. Our next trip will be to one of the value resorts to get an impression of them. From a quick walk through of a couple of them I think we will enjoy them.
Knowing how controlled everything is at Disney, what do you want to bet that the deer are stocked?

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 08-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Knowing how controlled everything is at Disney, what do you want to bet that the deer are stocked?
My guess would be stocked and baited for the delight of the suckers... um tourists.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #33

Liked 125 Times on 89 Posts

Updating an old thread. We're at Disney now, my wife heard about someone at animal kingdom a few days ago who dropped their CCW on the dinosaur ride, a grandma found it and turned it in.

Supposedly the guy came back to claim the weapon, did not face charges because he has a CCW license and Disney did not press trespassing charges. He came back to the parks the next day even but was unarmed.

This led to a discussion with my wife. I've left my weapon in the room safe where she said that Disney doesn't even allow that. My point was that in the eyes of the law, my hotel room is the same as my private home and that Disney has no say in what I do in my room.

Also we talked about what the threat here at Disney is. She agreed with me that "one on one crime" is not the threat here, but that the threat is a mass casualty event such as the Boston bombing or new town shooting.

That won't stop us from enjoying our freedom and visiting places liked Disney with our boys, we just have a plan and always be vigilant. Ill find them a safe place under cover, then render aid to the injured, and stop the attacker if given the opportunity.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
Updating an old thread. We're at Disney now, my wife heard about someone at animal kingdom a few days ago who dropped their CCW on the dinosaur ride, a grandma found it and turned it in.

Supposedly the guy came back to claim the weapon, did not face charges because he has a CCW license and Disney did not press trespassing charges. He came back to the parks the next day even but was unarmed.

This led to a discussion with my wife. I've left my weapon in the room safe where she said that Disney doesn't even allow that. My point was that in the eyes of the law, my hotel room is the same as my private home and that Disney has no say in what I do in my room.

Also we talked about what the threat here at Disney is. She agreed with me that "one on one crime" is not the threat here, but that the threat is a mass casualty event such as the Boston bombing or new town shooting.

That won't stop us from enjoying our freedom and visiting places liked Disney with our boys, we just have a plan and always be vigilant. Ill find them a safe place under cover, then render aid to the injured, and stop the attacker if given the opportunity.
Please understand that I am not suggesting you ignore Disney policy. Also note that the reference below to Florida Statute applies to your personal vehicle and only your personal vehicle. It does not apply to your lodging or your person.

Disney is doing some things that are not quite to the letter of the law, and they know it. Disney uses the presence of fireworks as an excuse for the banning of firearms throughout their property, but they are using the law in a general sense to justify their actions. In reality the statute reads that a company whose primary business is the manufacture or storage of fireworks has the right to ban firearms on property.

If you've ever booked a room, bought a park ticket, or eaten a meal at Disney World you would know that the free fireworks displays are not their primary business. They legally can't prevent you from having a firearm in your vehicle. In fact, it is against Florida law for them to even ask if you have a firearm in your vehicle.

With that said, Disney parking is not exactly secure. They are more than happy to video tape your car getting burglarized, but unless a sworn officer is nearby not much will be done to stop or prevent it.

FS 790.251

Old 06-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #35

Liked 125 Times on 89 Posts

I figured that any "private business" has the right to ban concealed weapons on their property, even if you have a license, because, well...it's their property and their right. regardless of fireworks or not.

and I certainly would NEVER leave it in my vehicle, whether parked at a park parking lot, or a hotel lot. all the security measures they have in place in the lots, are only good for "after the fact" not much of a preventative measures for someone who wants to break into a vehicle regardless of the consequences.

but I also don't leave a gun in my vehicles even when I'm here at home and the vehicle is in the garage or my driveway.

as far as using the safe in my room when there, I consider that to be the best option. if it's in my room safe, and the key is in my pocket or the code is in my head, then I have positive control over the weapon at all times. I know they have some sort of lock-up available behind the check in counter that they WANT me to use, but to me that doesn't seem as secure.

--unless they have a wall of bank style safety deposit boxes where I keep the key, but then again I'm not all that interested in walking up to the counter and telling some unknown college age kid "hey, I have a gun, will you lock it up for me?"

I'll respect Disney's wishes and keep my weapons out of the parks, but I won't travel from Ohio to Florida on a 2 day road trip with my family without my weapon. as a compromise, as soon as I check into the room, the gun goes into the safe where it stays until we check out

Old 08-04-2014, 07:02 AM   #36

Sorry for digging this thread up, but it appears to have lots of Florida locals on it which is helpful.

I will be visiting the Disney World area for 2 days in February. I won't have a handgun on me, as I am Canadian, and Florida, unlike most of the other states, doesn't allow foreign carry.

However, I will have my shotgun with me as I am shooting a sporting clays tournament the two days prior. I am wondering what to do with my shotgun while I am at a Disney hotel.

My shotgun is an over/under so it collapses quite small, though not small enough for the in room safe.

I am thinking of transporting it in one of these, or one of these. And then just telling Disney that is is a trade show display, and that no, they can't see in it, because it is proprietary information. Then I will just lay the case inconspicuously against a closet wall or something with a lock on it.

Alternately, does anyone know if I can transfer my shotgun to security for safe keeping? I have read the listed procedures for Shades of Green, where you call security and they meet you at bell services, then after you clear your weapon for them, they keep it secured for you until you check out. I was planning on staying at a Value Resort, but as they do not have as many police or military guests, I am unsure if they would have similar firearms protocols.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:24 PM   #37

Liked 253 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 321

My kid is grown so there is no reason whatsoever that I should need to visit that anti gun establishment sooo not only would I not carry at disney world my feet would also not cross the threshold of their property.

nor would I visit a part of Florida that that I can not see the Ocean or the gulf from my Hotel/Motel window!

"I dont believe in repeat offenders I believe in DEAD offenders!" Ted Nugent.
No Matter Where Ya go There Ya Are

American Plainsmen Society

Society Of Remington Revolver Shooters (SCORRS)

THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT(SHOTS)
NRA
GOA

Last edited by St8LineGunsmith; 10-05-2014 at 10:27 PM.