Comments for Disney carry - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Florida Gun Forum > Comments for Disney carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1834 Times on 1023 Posts
Likes Given: 1211

I would not carry in a theme park simply because I would not want to see my expensive firearm flying through the air as I rode a roller coaster or other ride. I could also see a reasonable concern for an accidental discarge in such a case.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I would not carry in a theme park simply because I would not want to see my expensive firearm flying through the air as I rode a roller coaster or other ride. I could also see a reasonable concern for an accidental discarge in such a case.
True enough, but do you really think they will let someone as......"seasoned" as Cane on anything more jostling than the teacups?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

MoHawk Likes This 
Old 03-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #13

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I can't go on rides so I'm not worried about losing my firearm.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #14

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Concealed means concealed...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
MoHawk Likes This 
Old 03-19-2012, 03:26 AM   #15

I know a guy that lives close to Disney and goes to the movie theater at the Disney Marketplace somewhat often and always carries there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
A better question would be: Why would we as gun owners, hunters and supporters of 2A want to give disney any of our hard earned dollars?
Have you ever tried explaining to a young kid that you won't take them to Disney because they don't support your 2A rights?

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 03-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #16

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

My wife's cousin is married to a Disney executive. We go there every year in December and check out the Christmas lights and stuff. Due to her position with Disney, I do not carry in the parks but I do carry while slchepping around the resort or out eating. During the day when we go to the parks I just lock it up in the room safe.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #17

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Fresh off the trip to Disney, I decided to leave it in the truck. I should have brought it though cause Disney robbed me of over 100 bucks on food! Man that place went up!

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

utf59 Likes This 
Old 03-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I HAD to go to Disney. I have 2 girls aged 5 and 8. I carried to the hotel room and carried at the Market place. Otherwise, it was pretty warm, and was wearing shorts with no belt. Did not carry in the park. Security checked all bags when entering. It did not feel intrusive to me.
Like Ricky said, wouldnt it suck to lose your side arm on a roller coaster?

Old 03-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #19

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Fresh off the trip to Disney, I decided to leave it in the truck. I should have brought it though cause Disney robbed me of over 100 bucks on food! Man that place went up!
When I went in December I just left mine in the truck as well, wasn't worth the risk. And hell yes the prices went up lol, my fiancee and I went there with two old park hopper passes and easily blew through decent cash on food and drink for two people. It was a good time though, I was content as possible and my fiancee had a blast, so I guess it's a win/win.

Semper Fi

Old 03-30-2012, 04:11 AM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default What's the Problem!

I live here in South Florida and I carry everywhere except the places I can't access because there is a Metal Detector that one must pass through. I don't really care what these companies rules are and unless they are State Rules and they have a Metal Detector at the entrance, then I carry my gun for self protection at all times, period!