Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Florida Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f122/)
-   -   Comments for Disney carry (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f122/comments-disney-carry-59191/)

canebrake 03-01-2012 09:04 PM

Comments for Disney carry

Comments from Going to Disney World? Going to carry?

Please read above before you comment. ^

PM me with any additions or corrections. - cane

PLEASE, remember when responding to this thread, regardless of your position on the subject, that what you post is in the public domain and can/will be read by all.

orangello 03-01-2012 09:07 PM

If you wore a character costume (sayyy Goofy), you could carry whatever you wanted, but it might be hard to work the safety on a 1911 with only four digits per hand.
;)

Gatoragn 03-01-2012 10:43 PM

Answer to question 1 = No

Answer to question 2 = N/A :D

Had enough Disney 20 years ago.

Dennis845 03-01-2012 11:09 PM

It's been my experience you don't take anything to Six Flags, a water park, a carnival or Mickey Mouse's house you don't want to lose or damage. But your accomodations in my opinion is your safe castle.

rjd3282 03-01-2012 11:29 PM

A better question would be: Why would we as gun owners, hunters and supporters of 2A want to give disney any of our hard earned dollars?

ScottA 03-01-2012 11:53 PM

I carried in the parks on our visit earlier this year. As I walked through the front gates and around the park, I was very conscious of just how soft a target Disney is. In this day and age, I believe Disney has a very large bullseye painted on it. In such an environment, I am going to carry unless their is legal authority that says I cannot.

Georgiahunter 03-01-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello
If you wore a character costume (sayyy Goofy), you could carry whatever you wanted, but it might be hard to work the safety on a 1911 with only four digits per hand.
;)

I don't think I want someone named goofy holding a gun, even if he is just a character.

silverado113 03-02-2012 02:21 AM

Great informative post Cane. Thanks.

silverado113 03-02-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjd3282 (Post 725691)
A better question would be: Why would we as gun owners, hunters and supporters of 2A want to give disney any of our hard earned dollars?

You haven't met my five year old..lol

Doc3402 03-06-2012 08:41 PM

I have carried a firearm many times on Disney trips, but never in the theme parks. That does not mean to say that I am without a means to defend myself in the parks, but they are strictly defensive weapons as outlined under Florida statute. As far as the firearms go, I will carry in the car, and I will have a firearm in my room at night. I also carry if I decide to go outside my room for a late night smoke. Other than that, the firearm is disabled and locked in the room safe.

I take my right to defend myself seriously, but I also recognize Disney's right to form what they think is a policy designed to protect their visitors. I do my best to reach a compromise position, and if I am ever discovered I will comply with their wishes to the best of my ability. I also take a firearm I won't cry over if I end up losing it. Think cheap and readily available, usually a Ruger LCP.