Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > District of Columbia Gun Forum > I claim this forum for all gun owners!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 03:58 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Vermont does not issue CCW permits. Not a free state. Well if you like the State of Texas telling you what to do thats OK. You could go to work and tell the Liberals in Austin that you want to become a free state. Or you can say I like what you give me.
It would be to your benefit next time to read the entire sentence...Vermont does not issue CCW permits BECAUSE???....

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/vermont.pdf

Quote:
If you live in a "Nanny State" where you must get permission to carry open or concealed why? What are you doing to get your firearms freedom? There are only a few truely Free States. Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming.
Not true....

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Last edited by vincent; 03-25-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:07 AM   #12

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Vermont does not issue as I stated. The problem is their residents can not carry concealed in other states. They are limited to only 2 states, not good. The Free States allow CCW with out permits but also offer citizens CCW permits to travel outside the home state. Please read and understand firearms issues its important.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:09 AM   #13

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid
If you live in a "Nanny State" where you must get permission to carry open or concealed why? What are you doing to get your firearms freedom? There are only a few truely Free States. Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming.
Pennsylvania's pretty good too. All you need for a ccw is 10 minutes and no felonies, no waiting period on any firearm is nice too. I do wish we still had the castle doctrine though, makes me miss texas lol

Old 03-25-2012, 04:13 AM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19859 Times on 11278 Posts
Likes Given: 50054

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I said there are some things that need to be changed, but for the most part, things are good. Plus, Austin is not as liberal as you think. http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20100719-concealed-carry-gun-permits-let-holders-bypass-texas-capitol_s-metal-detectors.ece
Quote:
Vermont does not issue CCW permits. Not a free state. Well if you like the State of Texas telling you what to do thats OK. You could go to work and tell the Liberals in Austin that you want to become a free state. Or you can say I like what you give me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
It would be to your benefit next time to read the entire sentence...Vermont does not issue CCW permits BECAUSE???....

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/vermont.pdf

Not true....
as Aaron stated, Texas isn't perfect and there still needs to be some changes made, but compared to some other states and cities, it seems pretty good. yes it would be nice if we were like some states that in essence have no firearm restrictions in place, but what is the alternative? pack up and move? not happening, as i live on land that has been in my family for over 100 years. we will work by trying to elect officials who support and defend our gun rights and will enact laws that benefit law abiding citizens. this takes time and will not happen overnight or come easily.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Vermont does not issue as I stated. The problem is their residents can not carry concealed in other states. They are limited to only 2 states, not good. The Free States allow CCW with out permits but also offer citizens CCW permits to travel outside the home state. Please read and understand firearms issues its important.
Condescension is unnecessary, I'm well aware of the issues...

Are you implying there is some hidden reason that VT doesn't issue "permits"?

Seems to me there are A LOT more pressing issues to focus on than VT's CCW reciprocity...

*Edit*-VT honors all states permits regardless of if reciprocity is shared in kind... even IL, CA, MA and NY... so how is VT not a "free state"???

Last edited by vincent; 03-25-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid
I heard that in Wyoming, you can't even watch an NFL game at a bar on Sundays, because the bars are all closed. Is this true?

Old 03-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #17

I have no idea what the NFL has to do with gun rights. No we have bars open 24 -7 and gambeling. I don't know where you heard that. We did have drive up windows for mixed drinks. Clinton Democrats stopped that, held our highway funds. If you do not have firearms freedom why? You can not bitch about the Feds and your 2nd rights if can not even vote the liberals out of your own state.

Vincent as always you put your foot in your mouth. I just saved you from your self.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #18
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19859 Times on 11278 Posts
Likes Given: 50054

Quote:
I have no idea what the NFL has to do with gun rights. No we have bars open 24 -7 and gambeling. I don't know where you heard that. We did have drive up windows for mixed drinks. Clinton Democrats stopped that, held our highway funds. If you do not have firearms freedom why? You can not bitch about the Feds and your 2nd rights if can not even vote the liberals out of your own state.

Vincent as always you put your foot in your mouth. I just saved you from your self.
durango, you seem to be trying to start something over nothing. i am glad you live in Wyoming where you can do just about anything you want as far as firearms. we live where we do and that's that. leave it be. i am not picking up stakes and moving and will deal with whatever the situation is in the state of Texas. many of us are trying to get things better when it cmes to gun rights and freedoms, but it takes time. shift your focus to California, New York or Illinois, as they need your viewpoints and expertise much more than we do. you seem to have things worked out and have all the answers, i am sure the gun owners in those states would appreciate your help in restoring gun rights and freedom to them.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:04 AM   #19

Quote:

Then it's your duty as the all-knowing to educate me...see if you can make your point without your insipid "free state" ramblings...maybe start with answering the question I laid out???

This oughta be good...

Old 03-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #20

The point is you post how good you have it. You are proud to feed on freedom handed you from the closed fist of a state government. I just love living here and taking only what I am offered. The citizens of three states have said "Hell" no we don't like your yoke on our neck. Why should I tell you how to cast off the arm of the state. Freedom is lost when people forget what it was . When help is offered you are offended and defend your plight. And then you want to kill the messenger. This is so detached some guy from Antigun rights Maryland is only worried about watching football in a bar. Really?