Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Connecticut Gun Forum > visiting lyme this dec

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 244 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 92

One positive about winter shooting - you are about as padded as you can get. Have had problems but ever since I changed the spring - she will finally eat the cheap stuff.

Of course, it might help if I cleaned it... In really foul weather, nothing is foolproof. One problem is moving in/out of warming huts develops moisture which then freezes. Fun & Games.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #12
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6762 Times on 4086 Posts
Likes Given: 8096

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
i try to avoid shooting semi's in winter. they tend to clog up. old army trick is to never oil a gun in winter. the oil freezes and turns to sap and effects cycling. thus i shoot pumps or o&u's in winter.
winds...remember the backdrop at my place? open sky? picture this...gonzillas range is a sheer rock cliff hill about 25yds from the targets flight with mountain laurel and trees to boot. the target disappears in the backdrop making hitting birds close to impossible. i didnt see any 25 straights all day and gonzi's members were good all shots too. i got close once. i cant believe i missed a 7 low. the 7 low was the one you were good at winds! if you can hit a 7 low...how can i miss it?? well, i did!! must have been my katrina shells. but the real reason was...the sun was right where you must aim to hit that bird!! try staring at the sun...and youd know what we were up against.
and as a rule of thumb, i keep returning to a club until i shoot a 25 straight. i hope gonzilla will have me after the shoot and hoot in april. i will be back in conn 23 april.
Wow. Sounds grueling. I don't need any more handicap than just being a new shooter.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #13

Liked 654 Times on 515 Posts

gonzillas range knocked me down a notch. i would have felt bad....if it wasnt for everyone else missing too!

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 12-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 244 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
gonzillas range knocked me down a notch. i would have felt bad....if it wasnt for everyone else missing too!
Yep, there is no limit to our hospitality, missing comes w the full package deal...