One Year Ago - Sandy Hook School - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Connecticut Gun Forum > One Year Ago - Sandy Hook School

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 274 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I think everyone is missing the point. Failing to pay attention to the actions taken by the anti-gun crowd following this crime is exactly what the liberals are hoping for. They continue to publicize guns and crime in the same breath and there is no distinction in their dialogue between law abiding gun owners and criminals. One of the rules of liberal politics is based on the fact that if you continue to tell a lie long enough people will believe in it. The gun control laws that have been enacted as a result of this crime are just the beginning.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

Old 12-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #12

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

SB777 I fully agree with your last post. But what are we suppose to do?

If you are going to tell me to drive up to DC and join a protest session, it isn't likely going to happen.

I did recently join the NRA and participated in a local "Open Carry" day in New Castle, Va. I did just vote and cast my vote to favor 2A and avoid the Dems. Not a big deal but what else should we do? I think we all try to follow the media and stories they publish but there again there isn't much individuals can do.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #13
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Just because change happens doesnt mean it will be good or serve any cause. They brought us change alright but to what end? Would the change they brought us have saved a single one of those innocent victims? No it wouldnt have! All they did was make us all less safe (Im a NY that is truly effected by Sandy Hook)! There is not a single case in NY State that can be pointed at as proof the "safe act" has prevented anything bad from happening! Shootings are occurring in Gun Control States like NY and Jersey at the same rate or higher since Andy of Albany got rid of all the bad guns!

Not one single Public school in my area added armed security but all of them increased their staff hiring grief and Life Counselors, Cameras and got tougher locks as part of the presidents $$$ support for stronger measures. That just means we will get great footage of the rampage the next time it happens, not just choppy cellphone images (that wont feed into the 5 minutes of fame thing these punks thrive on will it?). Is your kid safe because they put up more signs that say breaking the law is prohibited at School, really, you feel safer now?

Its BS, until the day comes when they can both prohibit Mental Defect and enforce violations of twisted minds, the only offense we can mount is a well trained defense. I plan on attending some school board meeting this year, our children deserve protection from the risks they are unconditionally required to be exposed to without our direct protective measures in play 8 hours of their day. We must require the measures they put in place have some chance at countering the dangers posed by "School Shootings", the topic of the OP!

Would it have been too much to ask that at least a few of those children could have been spared by the quick response of a trained Security Officer? Is it that crazy to assume even crazy people would think twice about executing a duck shoot if they thought their was an Armed Game Warden protecting the flock every minute of the day! We dont end rampages by trapping possible victims better and I would rather the POS die before the entire school needs grief counseling or a coffin, but thats just me...

Old 12-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Just because change happens doesnt mean it will be good or serve any cause....Would it have been too much to ask that at least a few of those children could have been spared by the quick response of a trained Security Officer?
The NRA-ILA News and Issues article concerning the recent school shooting in Colorado proves an affective security measure that stopped the crime in progress. That was due to the armed Sheriff that happened to be in the building at the time. Unfortunately an innocent student was killed but, many more could have suffered the same fate. This crime occurred in spite of Colorado's recently enacted anti-gun legislation and Governor Hickenlooper's reaction to questions concerning the new laws affect "...I think they are going to make us safer but, in this specific case aren't going to make a difference at all." says it all about the mindset of the liberal politicians who continue to push legislation based on ineffective and failed policy.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2013/12/stopped-in-80-seconds-armed-response,-not-gun-control,-halted-school-rampage.aspx

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

Old 12-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
SB777 I fully agree with your last post. But what are we suppose to do?
I haven't gone to DC for any rallies either but, I have joined those in my own state and, I have been active in writing to politicians and the media as well as calling in to radio talk shows to express my beliefs on these issues. Also, I never miss an opportunity to vote, unlike some people in FT that believe their "No show" form of protest on election day somehow has a positive result.

So, if we all keep using our First Amendment rights, we can preserve our Second Amendment rights.

Ronald Reagan

Old 12-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #16
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Although my former asst. Principal disagrees with me, I feel at this point the only answer is Armed officers in schools. It's working here in Az., and it can work in other places. Determine the # of officers based on the # of students. Also this goes along with more "Deans, social work providers, and school shrinks"
Our school, because it was a Spec. Ed. HS, had a compliment of extra School safety personnel, including 2 full time NYPD officers, 6 school safety officers, and 4 deans, including myself..

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 12-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Although my former asst. Principal disagrees with me, I feel at this point the only answer is Armed officers in schools. It's working here in Az., and it can work in other places. Determine the # of officers based on the # of students. Also this goes along with more "Deans, social work providers, and school shrinks"
Our school, because it was a Spec. Ed. HS, had a compliment of extra School safety personnel, including 2 full time NYPD officers, 6 school safety officers, and 4 deans, including myself..
My daughter was an elementary school teacher in Connecticut last year and we had a discussion on the security procedures in September right after classes started. I asked her what would happen in the case of a Columbine High School type attack at her school. The response would be to shuttle the kids to the back of the classroom and lock the doors. I told her that every school should be required to have an armed employee for security and pointed out that there were many employees in the school systems that could perform that function with a little more training. If one was not available then bring in off duty local police. She told me that was not an option. Three months later Adam Lanza killed 26 people at the Sandy Hook School and months later a few Connecticut schools began the armed security personnel idea.

Today my daughter is teaching in North Carolina and in a recent conversation she related to me that the security procedures there are even more lax then they were in Connecticut. Until school administrators, politicians and the public wise up and provide our schools with realistic security measures, another school massacre is only a matter of time away. I pray every day that my daughter's school is not the innocent victim.

Ronald Reagan

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 636 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
Still only one AR but in the past year I've taken up reloading and have bought/sold or traded for about 30 long guns and pistols. I've had so much stuff go through my hands this year I can't remember all of it. I have so many primers and powder stocked in my basement the house will probably lift off the foundation if it ever goes boom!!!

It has definately been largely influenced by the anti's. I don't think I would be accumulating at the current pace if not for them. I've also taken up competitive pistol shooting and that is a whole other area to buy for.

I also took up loading and bought a XL650 and have loaded about 10,000 rds of pistol ammo. but I am having problems finding powder.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #19

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB777
...Also, I never miss an opportunity to vote, unlike some people in FT that believe their "No show" form of protest on election day somehow has a positive result.

So, if we all keep using our First Amendment rights, we can preserve our Second Amendment rights.
Nor do I.

I have been receiving emails that ask me to send to a list of politicians locally and DC. I have actually received a reply from Tim Kaine and Mark Warner. My first reaction was these are not really from the individuals and are just 'canned' responses. And I'm sure they are. Their replies are rarely committing or concise...just touching on trying to say good things.

But on the flip side, my email was also. It wasn't an email I composed but was provided by the NRA or others. So I have no room to criticize.

But I do feel more should be done but it is difficult.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 12-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 411 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Quote:
let it go. it wasnt pearl harbor. let it fade.
Does that include the families of the victims.