One Year Ago - Sandy Hook School
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Connecticut Gun Forum > One Year Ago - Sandy Hook School

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 274 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Default One Year Ago - Sandy Hook School

Exactly one year ago I was shocked and disgusted over the heinous murders of twenty elementary school children and six adults at the Sandy Hook School in Newtown, Connecticut. Within hours of the crime, politicians and the media executed the Rham Emanuel rules of politics, that suggest taking advantage of a crisis to push through political ideology and, they emphatically stated the need for more gun control legislation. One prominent Connecticut Senator ridiculed and criticized the NRA and Wayne LaPierre on positions stated at that time for controlling violent crime: enforce current laws already in the books and address the psychological characteristics leading to acts of violent crime. That same Senator many months later has since declared his own positions and they include the very same NRA interests. No apologies however have been given the NRA or Wayne LaPierre.

An abbreviated version of the official Connecticut State Police report on the Sandy Hook School shootings released to the public last month, among other details, proves the long standing serious mental health issues exhibited by the criminal, Adam Lanza. Similarities in behavior between Lanza and all of the other mass murderers who have committed their sick acts in schools, movie theaters, shopping malls, etc. are obvious. Lanza was obsessed with mass murders. He retained media articles on high profile murders, wrote a book in fifth grade documenting his long-term obsession with mass violence, displayed lack of empathy and frequently played graphically violent video games. All of these facts are documented in the official State Police Report however, the mental health professionals that treated Adam Lanza have stated they “…did not see anything that would have predicted future behavior”.

In order to reduce the incidence of violent crime, perhaps the mental health professionals should revise their diagnosis upon realizing an obvious potential threat. In the meantime, we will continually hear the declarations of “gun violence” as though the guns are committing the crimes not the individuals responsible for handling them.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-sandy-hook-report-lanza-20131125,0,6085793.story?page=2

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1209 Times on 824 Posts
Likes Given: 161

One year later, I'm still disgusted about this, something need to drastically change to protect our children.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #3

Liked 711 Times on 554 Posts

let it go. it wasnt pearl harbor. let it fade.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 12-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post

Really, let it go? .......smh

Old 12-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #5

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

It sucks for sure but continuing to dwell on won't fix it and only adds fuel to the fire for the anti gun nuts. Hell, even the town of sandy hooks has asked for privacy this year.
I agree, let it go.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 12-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #6

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
I think you are preaching to the choir. Tell that to the media and many politicians.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 12-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #7
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
I think you are preaching to the choir. Tell that to the media and many politicians.

Exactly my thoughts !!!

Old 12-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 64

This thread reminds me that today is the 1 year birthday for my AR. Wasn't really interested in the platform but Sandy Hook kicked me into buy mode incase I couldn't get one in the future.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 636 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
This thread reminds me that today is the 1 year birthday for my AR. Wasn't really interested in the platform but Sandy Hook kicked me into buy mode incase I couldn't get one in the future.
yeh, me to. ever since that day I have spent alot of money on AR's ammo reloading equipment and pistols. and the ANTI-GUN PEOPLE ARE GETTING MORE STUPID BY THE MINUTE.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1803 View Post
yeh, me to. ever since that day I have spent alot of money on AR's ammo reloading equipment and pistols. and the ANTI-GUN PEOPLE ARE GETTING MORE STUPID BY THE MINUTE.
Still only one AR but in the past year I've taken up reloading and have bought/sold or traded for about 30 long guns and pistols. I've had so much stuff go through my hands this year I can't remember all of it. I have so many primers and powder stocked in my basement the house will probably lift off the foundation if it ever goes boom!!!

It has definately been largely influenced by the anti's. I don't think I would be accumulating at the current pace if not for them. I've also taken up competitive pistol shooting and that is a whole other area to buy for.