Declaration of High Capacity Magazines - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Connecticut Gun Forum > Declaration of High Capacity Magazines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Magazine laws are useless,worthless and I have yet to see any concrete evidence that they have had any effect on stopping crime and shootings.
Colorado's new 15 round limit law did nothing to prevent an 18 yr old from shooting 3 students.
Again,magazine laws have no effect and citizens of states that have passed these ridiculous laws should demand proof by law enforcement,the states attorney general,and DOJ that they have prevented any crime.
Of course law abiding citizens will register their magazines,but criminals will not.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #72
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWork4Ammo View Post
Magazine laws are useless,worthless and I have yet to see any concrete evidence that they have had any effect on stopping crime and shootings.
Colorado's new 15 round limit law did nothing to prevent an 18 yr old from shooting 3 students.
Again,magazine laws have no effect and citizens of states that have passed these ridiculous laws should demand proof by law enforcement,the states attorney general,and DOJ that they have prevented any crime.
Of course law abiding citizens will register their magazines,but criminals will not.
I'm no legal beagle but my bet is that would not be a good defense in court.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #73

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I'm no legal beagle but my bet is that would not be a good defense in court.
I'm questioning the logic of magazine laws.
Of course in a court of law,it could be brought up in a civil suit against the state just like the Colorado Sheriffs and other organizations are doing here in Colorado.The judge did rule that the Sheriffs cannot sue ,but individually they can so the lawsuit is still on track against the state.
If only more Pro-2A citizens of these states got together and filed suit questioning the effectiveness of these magazine laws.
Weld County Sheriff John Cook,along with El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa,and my county Sheriff Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith along with other Colorado Sheriffs testified how bad these laws were,but were completely ignored by the Democrat controlled legislature.Weld County Sheriff John Cooke has already stated he will refuse to enforce these ridiculous laws.More Sheriffs across the country need balls like these guys do.We already recalled 2 state Senators,one was forced to resign due to their support for these laws.
http://youtu.be/FVhD6MMhTlQ
http://youtu.be/AIzpD1qkPxs

Last edited by WillWork4Ammo; 12-22-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 274 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddie10 View Post
Very intresting. Seams so cops are over steping there boundries
I don't believe the LEO's are overly pleased with these new laws either. They have to enforce the laws enacted by liberal politicians. I get the impression they realize these laws will do nothing to prevent the mass shootings that they were intended to address.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

Old 12-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #75

Liked 465 Times on 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB777 View Post
I don't believe the LEO's are overly pleased with these new laws either. They have to enforce the laws enacted by liberal politicians. I get the impression they realize these laws will do nothing to prevent the mass shootings that they were intended to address.
To make matters worse... One of my local Leo friends and his department are trying to figure out if they are allowed to carry more than 10 when they are off duty. They and their union can't even get a strait answer on that one. There is no language in the new law that says one way or the other, about off duty carry.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #76
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Then there is this legislation. It keeps getting introduced but has not yet gotten passed. https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr2959/text

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #77

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Here is a bunch of reading - but you may not like any of it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/new-york-assault-weapon-ban

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/15/17761151-new-york-gun-owners-now-must-register-assault-weapons?lite

http://www.governor.ny.gov/nysafeact/gun-owners

Most interesting - SC passes on gun rights case
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/15/17761368-supreme-court-passes-on-gun-rights-case?lite

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51526065#.Urdq5Xbym9J

===

This scares me. When I see the words "...Keep your guns" I think of the big O with insurance plans and doctors.

Quote:
"The SAFE Act stops criminals and the dangerously mentally ill from buying a gun by requiring universal background checks on gun purchases, increases penalties for people who use illegal guns, mandates life in prison without parole for anyone who murders a first responder, and imposes the toughest assault weapons ban in the country. For hunters, sportsmen, and law abiding gun owners, this new law preserves and protects your right to buy, sell, keep or use your guns."
- Governor Andrew Cuomo

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 12-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #78

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

duplicated...

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 12-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #79

Liked 18 Times on 6 Posts

When someone gets pinched for having an unregistered firearm or magazine because of this new Commie law we all need to get together, pay for, and find the best damm lawyer in the world to get him off and get the law thrown out! You know it's going to happen sooner or later. If we don't stop it in Commieneticut it will spread throughout the country.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:10 AM   #80
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3178 Times on 2158 Posts
Likes Given: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba
No kidding brother. It's a sad day when you can't even go hunting with your WW2 issue M1 Garand...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...