Declaration of High Capacity Magazines - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Connecticut Gun Forum > Declaration of High Capacity Magazines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 11:44 PM   #151
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 294 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
...Suck it up fellas. Move to an anti-gun state and see what oppression looks like from our perspective. That is how we can evoke some real change in the anti-gun trends of the influential states...and vote those bastards out of office.
New Hampshire had been the one primarily conservative state in the northeast until about five years ago then the liberals from Massachusetts started moving in to avoid the Mass. taxes. They still kept their liberal voting tendencies however, and you can see how that has affected the New Hampshire Governor and legislative elections.

As Vinkingdad stated: "Political and social trends have long tended to start in California and New York where they expand out from there." You can also add New Hampshire to that quote.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 01-07-2014, 02:14 AM   #152
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2438 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddie10
Because this country was founded by the most honarable men. Even tho the british came to rule them over here not knowing if fighting them would make a difference they did it anyway. And and look where it got them. Yes people lost there lives but they were finaly a free state. Those great men wrote one of the most important documents in this countries history. The decloration of independance. Securing our freedom and starting one of the greatest government since the roman empire. Yes it is much easer to sit home and take it up the rear. We need to bring all americans together. Every one neeed to see what is going on behind closed doors. We the people are not to fear the government. The government has to fear us. Thats how we keep the balance. I did register my guns and my mags not to follow them but to fight the fight on there terms. You have to play there way to win. Theres always a loop hole. Nothing is air tight. The day the government fears the people is the day the people can carry the decloration. Ive written more letter spent more time one the phone with my reps and mayor. Missed more days of work to go to the rallies at the capital, than any person i know. When i hear people calling me a sheep it boils my blood. I fight for every american no matter what color there skin is nor what race they may be. So y do you ask your self what have i done lately. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Firearms Talk mobile app
I made suggestions and the people in that state said it was hopeless. Then turned around and said we would be begging for their help. I was making a point. I know it's not hopeless. I've been in the middle of grassroots campaigns on multiple political issues that were the status quo and fit the political agenda of the state I was living in. I've been a part of accomplishing what the news media and political strategists said was "hopeless."

Once we walked into a state capital during a legislative session the day one of our bills was being debated with over 600 people. Each group from each district filled out the request from the Sgt At Arms that their legislator come talk to them. And that was just a single part of our strategy.

Even the flaming libs voted for our side that day.

It's never hopeless, until you stop trying.

I intend to move back to Louisiana when that option becomes possible through my job. Just in case the gun control lobby ever gained any traction there, we removed the provision in the constitution there that allowed the legislature to pass concealed carry laws and now require strict scrutiny for any gun control laws that are passed

This means any gun control law passed there requires compelling governmental interest, must be narrowly tailored and using the least restrictive means to achieve that interest. The NRA touted it as the strongest state constitutional amendment in the country.

So I shouldn't be "begging anyone for help" there. Check your state constitutions if you don't live in a "hopeless" state and if you don't have a similar gun rights amendment, start lobbying for one.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 01-07-2014 at 03:35 AM.
bluez Likes This 
Old 01-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #153
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6935 Times on 3487 Posts
Likes Given: 7538

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
I made suggestions and the people in that state said it was hopeless. Then turned around and said we would be begging for their help. I was making a point. I know it's not hopeless. I've been in the middle of grassroots campaigns on multiple political issues that were the status quo and fit the political agenda of the state I was living in. I've been a part of accomplishing what the news media and political strategists said was "hopeless."

Once we walked into a state capital during a legislative session the day one of our bills was being debated with over 600 people. Each group from each district filled out the request from the Sgt At Arms that their legislator come talk to them. And that was just a single part of our strategy.

Even the flaming libs voted for our side that day.

It's never hopeless, until you stop trying.

I intend to move back to Louisiana when that option becomes possible through my job. Just in case the gun control lobby ever gained any traction there, we removed the provision in the constitution there that allowed the legislature to pass concealed carry laws and now require strict scrutiny for any gun control laws that are passed

This means any gun control law passed there requires compelling governmental interest, must be narrowly tailored and using the least restrictive means to achieve that interest. The NRA touted it as the strongest state constitutional amendment in the country.

So I shouldn't be "begging anyone for help" there. Check your state constitutions if you don't live in a "hopeless" state and if you don't have a similar gun rights amendment, start lobbying for one.
Were not helpless nor hopeless, just overwhelmed by NYC Libturds at the moment. Take a look at the picture off my back deck, do you see any cities in that picture? No? I didnt think so! Thats because there are at least 6 states in entirety closer to NYC literally and figuratively than 2/3rds of the Real State of NY.

We didnt lose the battle, there wasnt one, they pushed the Safe Act through without debate or discussion thanks to something that didnt even happen in this state. We didnt lose the war either, no war was declared, they swung a deathblow at us while we were sleeping.

Since that happened, weve rallied our forces and begun offensive tactics. 95% of our County Executives have declared the Safe Act "unsat" for upstate and many of the prosecutors and PD's are saying they wont make arrests or convictions solely based on new illegal laws in the SA. The Governor failed to get his Bullet Background Data Base up so thats being delayed and a western NY Federal Judge struck down the 7 round limit.

This is the beginning of the end for the Safe Act, keep watching as NY becomes a free state again!
img_0211.jpg  
Old 01-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #154

Liked 516 Times on 284 Posts

At delta.

Love the amendment to the state constitution idea. A few have mentioned that here in CT as well, but (why is there always a but) in order for us to do that we have to open the entire constitution of this state. So you ask?? Well the are certain factions here that have been trying to get things added in to our constitution that a good many dont want but at the same time won't fight to keep it out. Along the line of opening Pandora's box if you will.

The humorous part is with all the "protect the people and children" laws (gun in particular) in this state we still don't have a helmet law for motorcycles.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:38 PM   #155
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
I made suggestions and the people in that state said it was hopeless. Then turned around and said we would be begging for their help. I was making a point. I know it's not hopeless. I've been in the middle of grassroots campaigns on multiple political issues that were the status quo and fit the political agenda of the state I was living in. I've been a part of accomplishing what the news media and political strategists said was "hopeless." Once we walked into a state capital during a legislative session the day one of our bills was being debated with over 600 people. Each group from each district filled out the request from the Sgt At Arms that their legislator come talk to them. And that was just a single part of our strategy. Even the flaming libs voted for our side that day. It's never hopeless, until you stop trying. I intend to move back to Louisiana when that option becomes possible through my job. Just in case the gun control lobby ever gained any traction there, we removed the provision in the constitution there that allowed the legislature to pass concealed carry laws and now require strict scrutiny for any gun control laws that are passed This means any gun control law passed there requires compelling governmental interest, must be narrowly tailored and using the least restrictive means to achieve that interest. The NRA touted it as the strongest state constitutional amendment in the country. So I shouldn't be "begging anyone for help" there. Check your state constitutions if you don't live in a "hopeless" state and if you don't have a similar gun rights amendment, start lobbying for one.

And even in a State where you do have Favorable Laws, KEEP Efforts to "restrict"(to use the Anti's favorite term) CCW laws and ownership laws from being passed in your State!!! Join a State wide Organization(just about every state has one), which is why I joined AZ-CDL(Arizona Civil Defense League). Your state wide organization, if they are on the Ball, will have someone lobbying full time at your state's capitol(Az-CDL has TWO full time lobbyers!).

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 01-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #156

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Well then meekly bow your head as one of the sheeple and go register your magazines. Then your guns. Then your ammo. And then sit around and twiddle your thumbs till they start confiscating them all.

This defeatist attitude right here is how the fricking progressives end up owning states and issues.
That was all worth repeating. If gun owners had the same determination, commitment and courage as our opponents show, this issue would've been thrown on a manure pile long ago.

We have seen this movie in Canada. This is a glimpse where this law is headed and what utter lack of any good will ever come of it:

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/gun-registrations-begin/3019772714001

Some of the reaction in Canada included these people, who played a part in resisting and finally overcoming a large piece of such stupidity:

http://www.lufa.ca/ (website now out of date)

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 01-07-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:11 PM   #157

Liked 788 Times on 616 Posts

heres a classic example of how scared conn. people are. saw on the news...a guy robbed a store with a fork....and the clerk gave him the money.
probably because the cops tell everyone not to engage the perp. to cooperate and let the police take care of the case.
what part of duh am i missing?
so...police tell you to register your mags....and you guys do.

fork? mags?
its all the same.
you do what the police tell you and you go to sleep feeling good about yourselves being law abiding.

has anyone thought about if you guys do get the laws recended? your mags will still be on record! someone will still know where they are!

odd state.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 03-05-2014, 05:25 PM   #158

Liked 1928 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 2719

I heard on the new today, way down here in Ohio, Conn. has only had 35% of the numbers of "assault rifles" registered, that they expected....Guess you guys dont have as many of them as they thought..

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 03-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #159

Liked 1105 Times on 735 Posts
Likes Given: 734

Did they mention how they came about those expected numbers? And what they may do about the "problem"?

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #160

Liked 1928 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 2719

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Did they mention how they came about those expected numbers? And what they may do about the "problem"?
No...They did not. It was just one of them 10 second tidbits mixed in with all the rest of the news..

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....