ak 308 or 311 bore and legal question

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Connecticut Gun Forum > ak 308 or 311 bore and legal question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default ak 308 or 311 bore and legal question

so i have a romanian ak, sar 1, cugir marked but imported by cai. I was wondering if anyone knew the bore size, i have tried my calipers in the muzzle but it is difficult to get an accurate reading and i dont have a lead bullet in that caliber as i dont reload them. i havent had any accuracy issues using .308 factory loads, but if it is .311 i would like to reload with the correct size, and dont want to do any longterm damage by firing the .308 reloads.
also i have had a really hard time finding out if my ak is still legal, i am in ct and it is very difficult to find specifics when it comes to gun bans. mine does not have a bayonet lug or a threaded barrel but it has the grenade launcher sight mount on the left of the receive. any help would be greatly appreciated!! thx

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here