Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Zombies are coming...... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/zombies-coming-19044/)

cpttango30 10-12-2009 02:09 AM

Zombies are coming......

Ok it is all over the news Zombies have been sighted in a town close to yours. You have your BOB and all your gear ready to go. You have the wife and kids loaded in the trusty pick up and your ready to get the hell out of dodge quick fast and in a hurry. You have just enough time and just enough room to take along 3 luxury items.

What three items do you take and why? What purpose do they serve?

Ready GO.

Jesse17 10-12-2009 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 172893)
OK it is all over the news Zombies have been sighted in a town close to yours. You have your BOB and all your gear ready to go. You have the wife and kids loaded in the trusty pick up and your ready to get the hell out of dodge quick fast and in a hurry. You have just enough time and just enough room to take along 3 luxury items.

What three items do you take and why? What purpose do they serve?

Ready GO.

OK, I assume that every gun, piece of ammunition, and camping gear I own counts as "necessities" not 'luxury items' so, hear's my 3 'luxury' items:

1) Chap-stick- Sorry, I'm addicted!
2) Radio - It would be nice to get some tactile information/instructions from the free wold.
3) Tequila - OK, I'm a freaking drunk. What can I say!

ktmboyz 10-12-2009 02:23 AM

HHhhmm three items

First would be a Radio = Listen for any news reports if they were available and to of coarse drown out the whine of the wife and kids

Second would be a fishing pole = catch food and get away from the wife and kids

Third a Case of Hard Alcohol = would last longer than a case of beer and would also be good to drown out the wife and kids

Jesse17 10-12-2009 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktmboyz (Post 172897)
HHhhmm three items

First would be a Radio = Listen for any news reports if they were available and to of coarse drown out the whine of the wife and kids

Second would be a fishing pole = catch food and get away from the wife and kids

Third a Case of Hard Alcohol = would last longer than a case of beer and would also be good to drown out the wife and kids

OK wait, I want to change my answer...
I swap out chapstick for a fishin' pole (and tackle box).

ktmboyz 10-12-2009 02:32 AM

lol looks like good minds think alike :D

OlPainless 10-12-2009 03:13 AM

Well since most of what I would call a luxury item requires being plugged in, I won't include that, and since my shotgun (the best luxury item of all time) would be along for the trip no matter what anyone told me, i'll narrow it down to this.

1- Short Wave/CB radio, Good to know whats going on around me.
2- Coffee, Alcohol is nothing to even consider when you and yours are in the sh$&.
3- Chocolate, a happy wife equals a happy shotgunner.

subie-jeep 10-12-2009 05:30 AM

1.hot blonde
2.hot brunette
3.hot redhead

:cool:

:p

:D

dunerunner 10-12-2009 07:10 AM

1. My Brewing system
2. A 120V Inverter
3. A small beer frig.

Did you really mean something that would fit in my BOB!!

bkt 10-12-2009 09:18 AM

You should already have a collapsible fishing pole, line, lures, hooks, bobs, sinkers, etc. in your bug out bag. You should also have a radio (am/fm/sw) so you can get information.

A deck of cards or two or travel games (if you have younger kids and want to keep them occupied and entertained), and booze are also things to keep in a BoB, but they are not exactly necessary for survival. It is better to have a way to be entertained and keep your mind off the zombie hordes than pace around worrying about stuff you can't change immediately.

For me, it would be a solar charger and a laptop so I can stay current on FTF, and a case of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

user4 10-12-2009 01:06 PM

Fishing poles should already be there...not a luxury item.

Whisky
Wine
Soap