Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Are zombies bad for America?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2529 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 1399

My only concern with the "Zombie Craze" is that certain fringe elements (sociopaths and other troubled minds) are being desensitized to the violent and graphic scenes of humanoid forms being disposed of, by any means necessary, and in very large numbers.

My fear is, that innocent bystanders will fall victim to deluded individuals and or groups because of these apocalyptic enactments.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

Old 10-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #12

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

As stated zombies are a trend and lately a 'fad'. If you actually pay attention to the walking dead there's way more drama then violence, a common observation of many viewers.

This violence in tv is nothing new, Tom and Jerry were trying to literally kill each other every Saturday morning as well the coyote and road runner, Daffy Duck and Marvin the Martian and Elmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny to some extent. Theses were all geared for children, there are many other examples.

My point, we have stop trying to control games, tv, movies and music and start controlling ourselves and our young impressionable children.
Regardless of what entertainment is available we have to be involved with our children and their education falls in to this as well. These things are OUR responsibilities, NOT the government or entertainment industry.

There is nothing in video games, tv shows or movies that violates 1A, or anyone's rights.

Let's stop fighting this in wrong direction and start looking at ourselves as parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, sisters and brothers and take responsibly, stop depending on others(tv, movies, games) to teach and raise our kids.

As I'm typing this my two year old daughter is sitting with me, we are going to the zoo Saturday morning..
Rant over.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3221

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
My only concern with the "Zombie Craze" is that certain fringe elements (sociopaths and other troubled minds) are being desensitized to the violent and graphic scenes of humanoid forms being disposed of, by any means necessary, and in very large numbers.

My fear is, that innocent bystanders will fall victim to deluded individuals and or groups because of these apocalyptic enactments.
Sorry, but sociopaths are already desensitized, they don't need an external source. As for troubled minds, violent TV, movies, games, or whatever are no more than just a scapegoat.

Thousands of years before TV and video games came out, there were sociopaths and "troubled minds".

If you believe the Bible to be historical fact, you have proof of a sociopath in Cain.

Violent tendencies are in all of us, some of us are capable of existing without feeling the need to act upon them, while others either relish in those acts or believe they can't suppress those feelings. Before electricity, what would you have blamed it on? Violent books?

If you believe that humans are not capable of these kinds of acts all on their own, with NO external influences (like video games, movies, TV, etc.) then you have much to learn.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 10-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2529 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 1399

M609 - I'm not that naïve.

I was merely answering the OP's question, and yes that is my opinion, after only 54 years on this planet. I didn't say it has not happened or that they do not already exist. I merely stated my concerns, however, I disagree with your assessment of violence on TV & in movies merely being scapegoats.

Have a great day!

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

Old 10-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #15

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Zombie is just a generic bad guy. In the new Politically Correct America there are no legitimate enemies. Since the beginning of time there have been stories of heroes and enemies.
In American culture it was Cowboys and Indians, Cop and Robbers etc. In a PC culture Indians are an abused minority and Robbers are a product of greedy Capitalism. The Zombie is for now at least not an offended group. It is OK to fight them or use them on combat targets.
From the "OP" you can see it is only a matter of time before a Liberals will ban even this. After all it is for the children.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
The Zombie is just a generic bad guy. In the new Politically Correct America there are no legitimate enemies. Since the beginning of time there have been stories of heroes and enemies. In American culture it was Cowboys and Indians, Cop and Robbers etc. In a PC culture Indians are an abused minority and Robbers are a product of greedy Capitalism. The Zombie is for now at least not an offended group. It is OK to fight them or use them on combat targets. From the "OP" you can see it is only a matter of time before a Liberals will ban even this. After all it is for the children.
For the record, it's probably the right thing to do by laying of the 'Indians', considering they are the true Native Americans and were at one time time the majority in this country and we drove them to the brink of extinction.
Not saying we owe them, or anyone but the same respect we expect. Nothing to do with minority, and no the Redskins name is not offensive and I agree with the rest of your post.

DISCE PATI

Old 10-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #17

Liked 74 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 204

I like to dress up like a zombie... While I would love to take my SKS out and give it to them one by one, I do not care for the show at all!!! It's a little much.

zombie-doroty.jpg   wzombie_apocalypse.jpg  

Old 10-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #18

Liked 74 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 204

The first year I was a zombie bride. Notice the lack of blood! lol! The other girls are awesome!

zombiegirls.jpg  

Old 10-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #19

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

That is why we are using Zombies this politically Correct haze. The very evil White American of Euro stock. It matters not that the Indians were Asians who embraced slavery, Cannibalism and Genocide. The terrible Anglo actually saved many weaker tribes from these horrors.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
That is why we are using Zombies this politically Correct haze. The very evil White American of Euro stock. It matters not that the Indians were Asians who embraced slavery, Cannibalism and Genocide. The terrible Anglo actually saved many weaker tribes from these horrors.
Thus the beginning of America as world police.

Everyone know Americans would never enslave anyone

DISCE PATI