Zombies
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Zombies

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
chlogeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 80
Default Zombies

Can anyone out there explain to me what the fuss is about Zombies? Where did it come from in regards to firearms? Is it an advertising gimmick to sell more guns and ammo?

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

__________________
chlogeo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 01-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlogeo
Can anyone out there explain to me what the fuss is about Zombies? Where did it come from in regards to firearms? Is it an advertising gimmick to sell more guns and ammo?

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk
Have you ever seen a zombie?? Point proven!
__________________
kryptkeeper is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gatoragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North GA. Back home in Dixieland.
Posts: 3,441
Liked 1197 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 496

Default

Zombie, Goblin, insert your preferred politically correct metaphor for assorted perpetrators of criminal behavior.

__________________
Gatoragn is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dragunovsks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West of Louisville KY,Indiana
Posts: 2,309
Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlogeo
Can anyone out there explain to me what the fuss is about Zombies? Where did it come from in regards to firearms? Is it an advertising gimmick to sell more guns and ammo?

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk
Its a shtf scenario, highly unlikely however. All the zombie movies came first and then the ammo maunfacturers decided it would be a fun thing to capitalize on.

I dont have any cause i dont really see the point considering a shot to the dome will take down any bad guy, living or dead.

Id does make for a good tv show or movie such as The Walking Dead on AMC and i love playing zombies on Call of Duty:Black Ops
__________________

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

dragunovsks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shadamai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 651
Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

I think a lot of people use the term to refer to bad guys, threats, etc. in general.

__________________
shadamai is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,372
Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

I use the term when referring to my mother in law

__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
I use the term when referring to my mother in law
I use whale, heifer, and dumb b!*** when talking about mine...

Just not in front of her or my wife. She is a damn good cook though...
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gatoragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North GA. Back home in Dixieland.
Posts: 3,441
Liked 1197 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 496

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I use whale, heifer, and dumb b!*** when talking about mine...

Just not in front of her or my wife. She is a damn good cook though...
If she was truly a heifer, you could not be married to her daughter.
__________________
Gatoragn is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn

If she was truly a heifer, you could not be married to her daughter.
It's a dinner table mutation. I've seen pics of the MIL from 30 years ago...she hasn't always been like that...

I don't normally make fun of or talk bad about fat people (I'm husky myself) but I've watched this woman eat an entire box of snickers (like you would find on the grocery store shelf) and then complain about her thyroid making her fat...

She's also the one who is constantly whining to my wife about not being able to afford groceries and rent because of their cable, internet, and cell phone bills...looking for a loan, like we've got any extra damn money.

Sorry for the rant OP.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,372
Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

It's a dinner table mutation. I've seen pics of the MIL from 30 years ago...she hasn't always been like that...

I don't normally make fun of or talk bad about fat people (I'm husky myself) but I've watched this woman eat an entire box of snickers (like you would find on the grocery store shelf) and then complain about her thyroid making her fat...

She's also the one who is constantly whining to my wife about not being able to afford groceries and rent because of their cable, internet, and cell phone bills...looking for a loan, like we've got any extra damn money.

Sorry for the rant OP.
Lol, mines not that bad. She is 43 and likes to try and act like she's 18. Not saying that alone is bad, but she has just gotten her 2nd DUI and will soon be getting her 3rd.
__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
When Zombies Attack fapprez The Club House 4 11-18-2011 12:55 PM
Zombies vs Mini-14 doctherock Range Report 14 05-16-2011 08:51 PM
I love zombies!!!!!! TAT2TOMMY The Club House 38 02-26-2011 04:37 PM
Zombies. Another viewpoint robocop10mm The Club House 6 12-28-2010 05:32 PM
Zombies Bigcat_hunter The Club House 25 05-15-2009 03:40 AM