Zombieland - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Zombieland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Pretty funny movie, included zombies which is always a plus. I loved the whole twinkie thing at the end.

And of course...

"Come on, you and I both know you won't fire that gun."
-BLAM-
"OH GOD NO PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME WITH MY OWN GUN!"

Note to self: work on cardio.

I confess that I have no desire to confess.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #12

Good, but why is there still electricity in the zombie apocolypse?

Also, the double barrel shotgun is quite possibly the worst weapon to carry in such situations.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I haven't seen it yet but plan to. Woody has been cracking me up since he was on Cheers. Natural Born Killers was a bit out there, but interesting. A friend in college who saw it when i did explained that he never missed a Woody movie; his uncle and aunt were the ones who contracted Woody's dad to knock off a federal judge or something, back in the day (can't recall exactly). I know his father's family was "connected", but do not really know if the story was true.

Last edited by orangello; 10-05-2009 at 09:47 PM.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Good, but why is there still electricity in the zombie apocolypse?

Also, the double barrel shotgun is quite possibly the worst weapon to carry in such situations.
As long as the Zombies didn't breach the lines coming from the hydro electric dams, why wouldn't there be? The dams are all set up to self regulate flow based on pressure and demand. They are pretty much self serving. The people are there to monitor, but the units run on their own.

If suddenly all the power demand was cut off, it would be very easy to maintain available power for quite some time I would imagine.... Sub Stations, for example, only have someone check on them once a week or so unless there is an alarm. The substations have an 8 foot high chainlink and concentaina wire around them, along with a locked gate. Pretty secure actually. And they usually have a small control room that is climate controlled and have a bathroom. Not a bad place to flee too, if you know what you are doing.

And, while it wouldn't be my FIRST choice, what do you have against the double barrel? Just out of curosity....

JD

Old 10-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i seen this movie today actually. excellent. "dont swing dont swing dont swing, SWING!"

and CA357 I would recommend inglorious basterds, that is one of the best movies of the year.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:10 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
And, while it wouldn't be my FIRST choice, what do you have against the double barrel? Just out of curosity....

JD
Reload after every second shot? Not good when the hoards are upon you. I'd take a pump action, but something magazine fed would be my primary choice.

And electrical grids are pretty fickle things. Add in cars running into power poles and what not, I just don't see the lights staying on much into the carnage. I mean my power goes out in a moderate storm...

Old 10-06-2009, 03:13 AM   #17

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

OK, OK I'm going to see it!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-06-2009, 03:27 AM   #18

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Reload after every second shot? Not good when the hoards are upon you. I'd take a pump action, but something magazine fed would be my primary choice.

And electrical grids are pretty fickle things. Add in cars running into power poles and what not, I just don't see the lights staying on much into the carnage. I mean my power goes out in a moderate storm...
And you probably live on a radial feed, which does not have a redundant back up. Sub stations all have more than one feed.

A car running into a pole knocks out one phase, at most, unless you happen to have a three phase bank on that pole.

And one more fact: Recloser!

A double barreled shotgun isn't ideal - but that is not a valid reason.

And I was wondering what Yunus' take on that weapon was as he doesn't offer a lot in SHTF planning and I am curious....

Old 10-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Regarding the dams that provide the electricity in some areas of the country: I saw a bit on that program about what would happen to places if people were suddenly to disappear. They indicated that the Hoover dam would continue to run well until the intake pipes became clogged by zebra mussels and other lake dwellers, not overnight.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #20

Rule number four; Double Tap! He, he.