Zombie questions, we all have them. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Zombie questions, we all have them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Have enough gasoline or flammable liquid available. If shooting the zombies in the head or even cutting the head from the body does not work, burning would be the only choice.
Indeed, homemade flamethrower will work and is fairly easy to construct.

Flamethrower made from an old fire extinguisher, various plumbing parts, 8 liters of gas, and 100psi of pressure.

Range: 40 feet.

Burn time: Approx. 10 sec total per load.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 11-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #12

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Indeed, homemade flamethrower will work and is fairly easy to construct.

YouTube - Awesome Homemade Flamethrower

Flamethrower made from an old fire extinguisher, various plumbing parts, 8 liters of gas, and 100psi of pressure.

Range: 40 feet.

Burn time: Approx. 10 sec total per load.

Bull****, my friend. The only thing worse than a hungry army of the undead is a hungry army of undead who are on fire. Don't light living...err....moving zombies. Make them more dead, first.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
We all know it's just a matter of time before someone gets the zombie virus and turns, then the infection will spread like wildfire.

What will zombies be like? Slow, like in one zombie movie or will they sprint at you growling like in another?

Do they have to bite you or merely get their blood on you?

Do zombie's sleep,ever?

Will capping them in the head really bring more zombies?

Do you have to decapitate them?

Do they want your guts or your brain, or maybe they don't care and just want to eat you?

Will they also go after animals?

This is confusing and I want to be prepared!!!

I find that in situations like this, it's much better to prepare for the worst possible outcome, so everything short of that will be easy. You should also assume they will have superhuman abilities. And that there aren't enough bullets in the world to kill them all.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
I find that in situations like this, it's much better to prepare for the worst possible outcome, so everything short of that will be easy. You should also assume they will have superhuman abilities. And that there aren't enough bullets in the world to kill them all.
Thank you, you know what they say about assuming and what would these superhuman abilities be that they will possess?

I take it you haven't read the book...and how the hell would a Zombie see you after you have just BBQ'ed it's ass and blinded it with fire?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

Old 11-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Thank you, you know what they say about assuming and what would these superhuman abilities be that they will possess?

I take it you haven't read the book...and how the hell would a Zombie see you after you have just BBQ'ed it's ass and blinded it with fire?
It wouldn't have to see you. It could just keep running towards you till it either feels you, smells you, or lights you or your shelter on fire. I don't know if you've ever watched footage from like WWII or something of people being lit on fire, they have a while to run around screaming before they die. And I dunno, prolly superhuman strength, speed, smelling, sight, and it would also probably be best to prepare for specializations like climbing and stuff that normal humans can't do.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #16

Quote:
It wouldn't have to see you. It could just keep running towards you till it either feels you, smells you, or lights you or your shelter on fire. I don't know if you've ever watched footage from like WWII or something of people being lit on fire, they have a while to run around screaming before they die. And I dunno, prolly superhuman strength, speed, smelling, sight, and it would also probably be best to prepare for specializations like climbing and stuff that normal humans can't do.
I think you may have forgotten final kill weapons like swords, axes, knives, handguns, rifles and shotguns.

A lit up, blinded Zombie would no doubt be interested in a fun game of Marco Polo, then when they get close enough...one between the eyes or off with their heads!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 11-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #17

Quote:
I think you may have forgotten final kill weapons like swords, axes, knives, handguns, rifles and shotguns.

A lit up, blinded Zombie would no doubt be interested in a fun game of Marco Polo, then when they get close enough...one between the eyes or off with their heads!
Sounds like a pretty risky game you're playing. I would rather just get to relatively safe location and take them out one by one, instead of giving them a way to smoke me out.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #18

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

What if a mosquito bites a zombie and then bites me? Am I gonna become a Zombie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 11-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #19

Quote:
Sounds like a pretty risky game you're playing. I would rather just get to relatively safe location and take them out one by one, instead of giving them a way to smoke me out.
Risky and sometimes frisky, is my middle name!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 11-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #20

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

I missed the premiere of the Walking Dead but was able to DVR it early this morning. Watched it and immediately redeployed my home guns and did an ammo check and placed reloads in strategic locations...