Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Zombie (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/zombie-48680/)

PanBaccha 09-23-2011 05:58 PM

Zombie

At the expense of sounding like Rip Van Winkle asleep
for twenty-years, I would like to know how did the word
zombie enter into the firearm vocabulary? Everywhere I
turn I see or hear "zombie this or zombie that, or what
better gun to shoot zombie with than this ..."
. How and
why did the term zombie enter the firearm language?
:confused:

bkt 09-23-2011 06:05 PM

Zombie Apocalypse is the generic term for any major SHTF scenario. It has been used for a long time but got really popular a couple years ago. Zombies are idiots who make themselves unwelcome guests in such a situation and may be eligible as a repository for bullets by virtue of just being who they are. Let's hope that doesn't ever come to pass.

Now, a *real* zombie uprising with the undead looking for brains or whatever...that'd be a freakin' hoot! :D

JonM 09-23-2011 06:07 PM

i take it you havent watched many zombie movies.

the libs think we are referring to them. but its actually just a fun thought experiment and sometimes slang to cover any and all apocolyptic end of the world scenario, from meteors to plagues to volcano attacks or even an actual zombie uprising or sasquatch landing in new york in his flying saucer to start the alien invasion...

trip286 09-23-2011 06:12 PM

When I say "zombie apocalypse" I mean it literally LOL!... Now SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, and catastrophe are the things I say when that's what I'm talking about LOL.

I don't really believe in zombies, even though there are supposedly voodoo drugs that induce a zombie like state. But I agree with JonM, for me it's a semi humorous thought experiment, based on movies and books and such. Just for fun, nothing serious. Although I read a crazy article on zombie ants that scared me a little. I'll find it and post a link.

bkt 09-23-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 585230)
I don't really believe in zombies

Have you ever seen Congress in session?

trip286 09-23-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 585241)
Have you ever seen Congress in session?

I retract my previous statement

Trez 09-23-2011 09:04 PM

Shucks!! I was hoping for the walking dead.... :(

trip286 09-23-2011 09:09 PM

good read, pretty scary in the sense of... "what if this happens to people?" This case in particular, I don't think zombies would be out for brains, but it would definitely pose a serious bio-hazard.

Zombie Ants Bite at High Noon, Die at Sunset | Parasites & Mind Control | LiveScience

orangello 09-23-2011 09:24 PM

The Omega Man (1971)

I think this probably helped things along. Heston, the man.

PanBaccha 09-23-2011 10:08 PM

A big Thank You shouted out to you all.
And bkt ... thanks for the eloquent posting!
:)