Youve been here awhile, why havent you paid for membership? - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Youve been here awhile, why havent you paid for membership?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2034 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawjr74 View Post
Just some constructive criticism, It's not very obvious from the homepage that you can pay and become a supporting member. You may want to put something on the homepage to draw some attention to that feature. Along with the options on how to pay/Join.
what if it's just an IQ test? you obviously passed, so why not pay your $20, and,

welcome to Mensa!
People Like This 
Old 03-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2801 Times on 1632 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Let me add, that as a SUPPORTING MEMBER there are places to vent freely about statements made in open forum, that non-SUPPORTING MEMBERS will never be privy to.

There are also threads that deal in topics too controversial and/or non-PC to have available to the general public. If you enjoy FTF "lite", you'll really enjoy the full bodied version much more.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-25-2014, 06:15 PM   #83
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1324 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Rjd, the Mods' job here is to stamp out fires before they become wildfires. That's what happened in the thread you are talking about. It was not closed because the Mod didn't like what was being said. It was closed because it was beginning to spiral out of control. Every time we Mods take an action, someone is going to be pleased we came to the rescue and someone is going to be ticked his/her post was deleted or the thread was closed. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the Modding here is really quite fair. Have you been to any other firearms forums? I started out somewhere else and asked my beginner questions and I got ridiculed and insulted. Then I found FTF and was dealt with ever so kindly by people who were eager to help me.
I was about to post to the thread in question, and on top of page two, members were already turning it personal. Also notice that the mods didn't ban any members, the topic or the idea; The mods simply said "Do Over" and wanted it re-started with a mindset towards posting that wasn't cop- or member-bashing. That's not really what I'd call hard line censorship.

Mods are human, they do make mistakes, and that's what Austin is there for. I have not had a "mod intervention" with Austin, but his predecessor was extremely fair. Don't think that the issue won't be addressed if you complain, because forum upper management seems extremely fair. With that and an adult attitude towards the subjects, we should all be able to get along and find common ground.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-25-2014, 09:00 PM   #84
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1357 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

I've been on FTF longer than anybody else on this thread with the exception of c3shooter...and this is the first I've ever heard of a moderator's lounge with free-flowing beer.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
People Like This 
Old 03-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #85
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7094 Times on 4271 Posts
Likes Given: 8604

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
I've been on FTF longer than anybody else on this thread with the exception of c3shooter...and this is the first I've ever heard of a moderator's lounge with free-flowing beer.
Seriously? There's beer, recliners, poker table, Crock Pot with chili in it, home made cookies. When I joined the Mods there was only a men's locker room. So C3 took the "men's" off the sign and now it's a co-ed locker room. That's where we change if we get blood splattered on us when we swing the ban hammers. Every once in a while someone brings in a bottle of whiskey and we pass it around. I refuse to attend the unicorn bbq's because they're cooking the unicorns faster than we can breed them. I warned them but they won't listen. Twice a year we board the corporate jet and fly to an island that Notdku owns and we conduct business from there for a week. Besides our very generous monthly salary, we get an incredible end of year bonus.

You didn't know all that? Well, now you do.
People Like This 
Old 03-25-2014, 09:58 PM   #86
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1013 Times on 538 Posts
Likes Given: 578

Quote:
Seriously? There's beer, recliners, poker table, Crock Pot with chili in it, home made cookies. When I joined the Mods there was only a men's locker room. So C3 took the "men's" off the sign and now it's a co-ed locker room. That's where we change if we get blood splattered on us when we swing the ban hammers. Every once in a while someone brings in a bottle of whiskey and we pass it around. I refuse to attend the unicorn bbq's because they're cooking the unicorns faster than we can breed them. I warned them but they won't listen. Twice a year we board the corporate jet and fly to an island that Notdku owns and we conduct business from there for a week. Besides our very generous monthly salary, we get an incredible end of year bonus.

No wonder FTF is tin cuppin' for $20 from a bunch of Einsteins. Overhead....

Old 03-25-2014, 09:59 PM   #87
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1207 Times on 823 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Quote:

Haha this is funny
Old 03-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #88
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Breeding unicorns? Now that's kinky stuff, maybe better content for the trail for sure!

Old 03-25-2014, 11:27 PM   #89
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1324 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Breeding unicorns? Now that's kinky stuff, maybe better content for the trail for sure!
Webley, your sick, twisted and kinky!

I like that.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 03-26-2014, 03:15 AM   #90
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 211 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 653

This thread made me check my renewal date. It's very close to my birthday so I'm going to renew on my birthday and then it will be easy to remember.

Married 27 years---I'm starting to think it might work out.
Second Generation N R A Life Member

Axxe55 Likes This