your thoughts

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > your thoughts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 10:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default your thoughts

Ok boys and girls here is something to think about i work as an armed guard in the worst neighbor hoods in flint mi. As some of you may know flint is like #3 for the most violent city.. There have been times in my job were i have had to use my side arm im not proud of this fact but happy to be alive.. So after awhile we started to carry m-4 and ar's some of us carried shot guns on the job.All of us carrying these types had to qualify with them. Finally our boss had to put a stop to us carrying other weapons besides our side arms and a back up weapons. If properly trained and do you think guards should be able to carry something else in there partol cars?

Last edited by dirtysouth; 07-27-2008 at 02:54 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Not to be a wise-ass, but this is impossible to read...do you know that "periods" and "capital letters" denote the end of one sentence and the beginning of the next? Your entire story is one run-on sentence. I hope you don't have to write "situation reports"...because if this is the way they look, I wouldn't want you walking the streets with a gun either...

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 07-26-2008 at 11:35 PM.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #3

thanks for the input ill go back and fix it but Odr's are great never a complaint on those but then again i take my time with those. thanks for serving our country and to all the vets thanks

Last edited by dirtysouth; 07-27-2008 at 12:51 AM.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:41 AM   #4

Gasp! Dirty South, U got 'a do a better job wid stuff if U wanna da rest a us ta understand wad U R saying.

Apparently, I think, you mean your boss has taken your M-4's and shotguns away. That's, probably, a good thing too. The way things are in Flint, MI, someone would only end up killing you for your superior weapons anyway!

You've still got a high capacity semiautomatic pistol, a couple of reloads, and a BUG. Stay awake and don't get caught by surprise. You should be OK.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:15 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
thanks for the input ill go back and fix it but Odr's are great never a complaint on those but then again i take my time with those. thanks for serving our country and to all the vets thanks
I don't mean to be insulting,so please don't take it that way, it's just very frustrating when you want to reply to someone and have to spend 10 minutes trying to figure out what theiy're saying! Put a period at the end of each sentence so we can understand what you are trying to convey.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:58 AM   #6

ok hope that clears it up some so you can under stand some. No offense taken nobody ever got hurt by trying to help some one do something right.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21.45 View Post
The way things are in Flint, MI, someone would only end up killing you for your superior weapons anyway!

You've still got a high capacity semiautomatic pistol, a couple of reloads, and a BUG. Stay awake and don't get caught by surprise. You should be OK.
I completely agree.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:21 AM   #8

From what I have heard about that town if you're properly trained in the use of those weapons and have followed whatever guidelines there are for their use I see no problem especially just for a limited range shotgun .

I know for a fact if I were in the security business I would want more than just a handgun and a few reloads .

I have know literally dozens of cops who also do security for extra money and every single one tries to do as much work within the boundaries of the municipality they work as a cop so they can carry the normal police issue Walkie Talkie where they can get back up ASAP .

A regular security guard doesn't have this luxury and must go through the 911 call system which is at best a bad joke when a fast response time is needed .

I know for a fact if I were stuck in a bad town and in a public housing complex or perhaps a warehouse district where many valuables were kept along with other high risk assignments I would want enough gear to put the SWAT/Tac units to shame because if anything happens odds are I would be all alone for quite sometime before help arrived .

I personally think it is asinine of cops to call armed security all the snide names they do with "Wanna Be's and Mall Ninja and all that crap" fact of the matter is a guard who is stationed in certain areas has a much more dangerous job than your average copper and is far less armed , equipped and trained to handle the situation .

In my opinion the only reason there are jokes for security guards is because there are far to many places that need to be guarded yet way to clients and employers that are too damn cheap to properly train and outfit them with the equipment to really guard someone when all hell breaks lose .

I once saw an unarmed guard in a 24 hour grocery store and asked him what he was suppose to do in a holdup throw can goods at people with guns ?

I then pointed out that with the newly passed CCW law it would be perfectly legal for me to be armed yet his employer and the Client/Store didn't think his or the store employees lives were worth actually providing them with the true protection of an armed guard .

Old 07-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
Ok boys and girls here is something to think about i work as an armed guard in the worst neighbor hoods in flint mi. As some of you may know flint is like #3 for the most violent city.. There have been times in my job were i have had to use my side arm im not proud of this fact but happy to be alive.. So after awhile we started to carry m-4 and ar's some of us carried shot guns on the job.All of us carrying these types had to qualify with them. Finally our boss had to put a stop to us carrying other weapons besides our side arms and a back up weapons. If properly trained and do you think guards should be able to carry something else in there partol cars?

I think you should be able to carry a Howitzer in your car if you could fit it in! I don't understand why anyone would limit your ability to respond with enough force, or put you at risk by denying you enough firepower. The cops in LA learned that lesson the hard way during the bank robbery a few years back where they were confronted by full-auto weapons and all they had were their side arms and shotguns! Now they all have M-16's and deny civilians the right to own an AR-15! I hope your boss see's the idiocy of this restriction. Stay safe and I wish you luck

Last edited by RL357Mag; 07-27-2008 at 07:51 PM.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
I think you should be able to carry a Howitzer in your car if you could fit it in! I don't understand why anyone would limit your ability to respond with enough force, or put you at risk by denying you enough firepower. The cops in LA learned that lesson the hard way during the bank robbery a few years back where they were confronted by full-auto weapons and all they had were their side arms and shotguns! Now they all have M-16's and deny civilians the right to own an AR-15! I hope your boss see's the idiocy of this restriction. Stay safe and I wish you luck
My boss at first was ok with the idea. Things beyond his control made him change his mind.Like another company following what we were doing and not having any kind of training. Both companys was hit with a fine and no more rifles or shot guns.