Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Your Thoughts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 12:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
The trick might be actually buying a firearm. Some folks might not want to sell you anything out of ignorance of the law and fear of ending up in prison if they sell to the wrong person (that's how it works in New York State, anyway).
Bingo. Chances are you'll have issues because most gun shop owners are afraid of the law, or else ignorant of it. Here is an example. I live in Arizona. Here, if you possess a valid Concealed Weapons Permit, (which I do), you do not have to go thru the Brady background check. The background check to get a CCW is far more through. I bought a Weatherby from Wal-Mart and the clerk didn't believe me. He ran the background check and it came up "delayed". I told him to call again, and explain that I had a valid CCW. He wouldn't. It took 3 trips home and back, and most of the day, to get it cleared up. It ended with the lady I talked to calling Wal-Mart and telling them to stop calling in unnecessary background checks, as they are under staffed as it is! The manager met me at the front door and profusely apologized! I'm guessing someone got their a$$ in the wringer real good over the whole thing. Most likely the clerk at the gun counter. He didn't look too happy when I came back the last time. After I completed all the paperwork, (with the store manager standing there the whole time), I told the guy phones are capable of being spoken into, and encouraged him to try it the next time he shows his ignorance of the firearms laws. Bill T.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
The Second Amendment is in place to protect citizens and their rights, it does not apply to those who are not citizens of the US. If foreign nationals wish to purchase and posses arms in the US, they can become citizens.
No they can't become citizens of the United States, because it's not that easy........

Legal foreign nationals are protected quite rightly by the constitution, all of it, if you deceide that only parts of the consitution only relevant to certain sections of the community then you make the case that equally the 2nd. amendment can be made to apply to only particular individuals or groups. The Consitution of the United States protects all, and if you disagree then you support those who wish to bring it down.......

Old 02-10-2008, 05:48 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
No they can't become citizens of the United States, because it's not that easy........

Legal foreign nationals are protected quite rightly by the constitution, all of it, if you deceide that only parts of the consitution only relevant to certain sections of the community then you make the case that equally the 2nd. amendment can be made to apply to only particular individuals or groups. The Consitution of the United States protects all, and if you disagree then you support those who wish to bring it down.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preamble to the Constitution of the United States of America
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
The Preamble to the Constitution of the United States of America states that the Constitution provides it's liberties to"We the people of the United States" and "ourselves and our posterity," not foreign nationals and whoever the hell decides that they're protected by it.

I'm not picking and choosing amendments here, they have no rights afforded to them by the entire document.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #14

Your reading between the lines...a very dangerous thing to do particularly with the constitution.

I have been interviewed at length by the ins one one particular occasion and the consitution came to my aid, and I am indebted to the Founding Fathers. But it's a free country and you are intitled to your opinion. But I would be a little more circumspect if I where you.......your nation is built on 'foreign' immigration.