Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Your take on an old issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
The problem with granting some citizens the right to determine who's in government and deny others that right is to create two classes of citizenry, one with power over the other.
That's presently being done with money though. The middle class is drying up quite quickly, so we're left with the elite, upper class and the downtrodden lower class. The only way you can get started in politics is money. Grassroots just doesn't work any more.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #12

Default Canadas firearms issuses!

I have been a soldier for 20 years with to much time out of the country doing things and seeing things which no one in there right mind needs to see. Up till I retired I took our laws for granted in respect to firearms, since I carried an automatic all of the time. Now back in Canada I am treated as a crimminal just for applying for a restricted and a non-restricted weapons permit. I do not believe that we as Canadaians have that beautiful remark "to keep and bear arms. I guess that the best we can do is to keep the golf putter by the door for those un-fortunates which wish to gain entry without permission.
Ben

Old 01-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post
Dead on the mark. I know we don't like some aspects of the system (especially the vote yourselves more money) but we can't create a separation into power and powerless. I do however believe that we will eventually bankrupt the system if we don't regain a sense of nation, a sense of responsibility (not a sense of entitlement) and some of our future leaders must be true statesmen and not politicians. If we aren't careful we will require a shift from prosperity to survival as a nation.

My 2 cents.
Maybe we can also wish Santa Claus into existence.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck View Post
Maybe we can also wish Santa Claus into existence.
Not a "wish" on my part, just a statement.

Probably about the same probability as getting the aforementioned nationalism back though.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #15

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Back to the original post... I think it's a terrible idea. All LEGAL, law abiding citizens over 18 yrs old. should have the right to vote.
Let's just keep the illegals and incarcerated criminals from voting like certain Liberals want!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper