Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Your Senator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Your Senator

I an posting this to ask you to contact your United States Senators.
Do it by letter,email and or phone. I am doing all three.
In your chosen method of contact. Respectfully and clearly ask your Senators
to vote against the nomination of Eric Holder for United States Attorney General. He is anti gun and anti death penalty.He was also behind Clinton's pardon of the FALN terrorists.

A armed man is a citizen. A unarmed man is a subject.

Last edited by right winger; 01-10-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: add content

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Done. And Done.

I even already got the standard blow off that basically said "Pound Sand Little Constituent, I am going to vote along party lines"

Example:

"
Thank you for contacting me regarding recommendations for appointees in President-Elect Obama's Administration. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution charges the Senate with advising on and consenting to presidential nominees to many executive branch offices. I consider this responsibility to be one of my most important duties as a U.S. Senator. As the Senate considers each of the President-Elect's potential appointees, I will treat each individual with the same level of respect and courtesy that I believe all nominees deserve.

As I look at each individual, I will examine their record and experience to see if they meet my long-held standards. I will consider whether they are ethical, honest and qualified. Rest assured, I will also keep your views in mind when making my final decision on each nomination.

I share your concern and thank you for your observations about the President-Elect's potential appointees. If I can be of service in the future, please be in touch.

I hope all is well in Bonney Lake."

Old 01-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Why would any Democrat sitting now ever listen to any voter? Forget about any infringement on gun rights, it's the ammo they will go after. Prices and accessability. Just watch how starry-eyed blindness will make Congress heed every word Obama the Marxist spews. Numbers are against us for the next couple of years. So******ts will take the reigns on Jan 20th.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #4

Can't say So******ts? What the f#*k???!!!??? How's Communists hit ya?

Old 01-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #5

Damn it!! Apparently, the So******ts have Socialized this forum.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Damn it!! Apparently, the So******ts have Socialized this forum.
Easy! Let's not be too judgemental on our 30th post....

Soc1alists contains the middle word C-I-A-L-I-S - which is a very common SPAM term that we are forced to defend this forum against.

Try inserting a "1"

JD

Old 01-11-2009, 01:00 AM   #7

Oh. It may be my 30th post, but I have made over 1,000 posts on another forum site that is obvously engined by the same software. I may be new to this forum, but I am far from being forum ignorant. CIA<CIA<NCIS<NCIS<ATF<FBI<NCIS<CIA all letters to me. The biggest threat is from BHO.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:10 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

The fact that I never caught C-I-A-L-I-S in the middle saddens me, as this would have made great jokes.

Once again, MrD. enlightens.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #9

And here would be the standard "Go away little constituient" reply I got from Wa.'s Other Senator - Maria Cant "Vote" Well....

"Dear Mr. Name Withheld/Dillinger,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the nomination of Eric Holder to the position of United States Attorney General. I appreciate hearing your views on this important issue.

As you may know, the President nominates individuals to serve in his cabinet and it is the responsibility of the Senate to advise and consent on the suitability of those individuals to serve in the particular cabinet position for which they have been nominated. I intend to carefully observe and review the confirmation hearings and study Mr. Holder's record before arriving at my judgment.

I take my Constitutional responsibility as a Senator to advise and consent on executive nominations extremely seriously. While I recognize the privilege of the President to select his nominees, I believe it is critical that we conduct a comprehensive evaluation of each nominee's qualifications. I am committed to making carefully considered and independent judgments on every nominee based on a thorough review of his or her records. Please be assured that I will keep your views in mind as the confirmation process proceeds.

Finally, you may be interested in signing up for my weekly update for Washington state residents. Every Monday, I provide a brief outline about my work in the Senate and issues of importance to Washington state. If you are interested in subscribing to this update, please visit my website at http://cantwell.senate.gov. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Maria Cantwell
United States Senator"

Ah yes, more thanks for wasting my time I am voting with the new President anyways rabble....

JD

Old 01-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've contacted both of mine, I'll let you know if I get anything from them.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer