Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   your opinion on this video (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/your-opinion-video-60750/)

jjfuller1 03-21-2012 11:11 PM

your opinion on this video

at first i laughed but then i thought. why would an adult do that to a kid? if it was all kids. then its just kids being stupid. but with adults, wouldnt that be child abuse??

Vincine 03-21-2012 11:16 PM

Cruel, because of the pain. If it was just embarrassment, not so much. Do you have any kids?

Georgiahunter 03-21-2012 11:20 PM

That is plain mean! What kind of adult finds this humorous. I hope that kid picked that shovel up after he recovered and wacked them across the face among other things! :mad:

JonM 03-21-2012 11:21 PM

child abuse. what youtube does with such videos is their business but that sort of thing wont be replicated here. adults intentionally injuring minors is not ok.

i did use youtube's report feature

mountainman13 03-21-2012 11:23 PM

Lmfao. Technically the kid did it to himself. It is mean and I would be rather pissed if someone did that to me but...still funny.
Poor gullible kid.

Georgiahunter 03-21-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
Lmfao. Technically the kid did it to himself. It is mean and I would be rather pissed if someone did that to me but...still funny.
Poor gullible kid.

I have to disagree. If someone did that to you would you still be laughing, I bet not!

jjfuller1 03-22-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincine (Post 747551)
Cruel, because of the pain. If it was just embarrassment, not so much. Do you have any kids?

yes. two, and i would never do such a painful thing

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 747559)
child abuse. what youtube does with such videos is their business but that sort of thing wont be replicated here. adults intentionally injuring minors is not ok.

i did use youtube's report feature

i apologize. wasnt trying to be inappropriate.

winds-of-change 03-22-2012 07:00 AM

The video is gone so I don't know exactly what happened but I made it a point to not intentionally hurt my kids OR humiliate them. :mad:

c3shooter 03-22-2012 07:29 AM

To any short sighted folks that may read this- go ahead. Make your kids miserable. Humiliate them, especially in front of their friends. Cause them physical and emotional pain for no good reason.

THEY are the folks that will pick out your nursing home one day.

Payback is a bitch.

Vikingdad 03-22-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 748019)
To any short sighted folks that may read this- go ahead. Make your kids miserable. Humiliate them, especially in front of their friends. Cause them physical and emotional pain for no good reason.

THEY are the folks that will pick out your nursing home one day.

Payback is a bitch.

Yup. No joke y'all. I am working out my mothers living arrangements right now. I have always taken care of her over the years and while we disagree on many fronts we can discuss them intelligently and she ends up understanding my position (she actually wants to go to the gun range for the first time at 81 years of age!) but she is still living on her own right now but not really able to take care of herself and all. So I am dumping her on my older brother whom she has always favored. She always favored him but never really talks to him. Whatever, she's moving in in the next few weeks. I tried to set her up in a nice retirement facility where she can find some old goat who she can share a bed with once in awhile (she told me she's still working it), but no.

Their choice. She ain't moving here, that's for sure. The dog won't have her and we don't have any room indoors.