Your mission, should you choose to accept it... - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70 View Post
My dad builds custom cabinets and does repair of all kinds, master craftsman for more than 40 yrs. He has made several versions of this pie safe and with different wood.
Cool cabinet. Why is it, though, that all elderly people have at least 2 .22LR's that are their prized rifles? No complaints here, because I absolutely love my 10/22, but not enough to hide it.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by slog

Cool cabinet. Why is it, though, that all elderly people have at least 2 .22LR's that are their prized rifles? No complaints here, because I absolutely love my 10/22, but not enough to hide it.
If it's old enough it probably was never registered, and therefore cannot be taken away if nobody knows about it!

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #33
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6141 Times on 3042 Posts
Likes Given: 6519

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70 View Post
My dad builds custom cabinets and does repair of all kinds, master craftsman for more than 40 yrs. He has made several versions of this pie safe and with different wood.
Thats sweet and classy, nice work, Whachout, Moms packing heat in the Pie safe!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #34

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Quote:
Originally Posted by slog View Post

The design came to my dad from a customer that had all their guns stolen, it was something for the her & him both. The best one he made was an entertainment center that sat in the middle of the room, you could walk all the way around it and and not see the secret panel. He made one out of walnut and a cherry dining room hutch.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 11-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #35
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The old craftsmen are dying off and being replaced by Bob Villa Automated Carpenters. My Wood shop is pretty traditional, no dedicated Mortising Tables and all my tools except my Table saw are on Rollers cause my shops only 18' X 14'.

Attached are a couple shots of last years major project, a 10' x 8' addition for my new staircase. All the treads were from the same library, they were the bookshelves from the rare book section.

ipad-pics-aug-12-174.jpg   ipad-pics-aug-12-351.jpg   ipad-pics-aug-12-475.jpg   cimg1366.jpg  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38
The old craftsmen are dying off and being replaced by Bob Villa Automated Carpenters. My Wood shop is pretty traditional, no dedicated Mortising Tables and all my tools except my Table saw are on Rollers cause my shops only 18' X 14'.

Attached are a couple shots of last years major project, a 10' x 8' addition for my new staircase. All the treads were from the same library, they were the bookshelves from the rare book section.
Beautiful work!

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #37
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
Beautiful work!
Thanks Big B, That one I had some help with. I have a good friend who has been a Contractor and Job Boss for 30+ years and he did the entire layout and cut the stringers. I actually went upstate to the mill that made all the Maple Railings and Balusters (I got the turned balusters for 50 cents a piece at a closeout sale 5 years ago). The Owner of the company hand picked the stuff for me and gave me a cash cash price on the whole thing.

Stairs are nothing to practice on. !/8" here and there and it looks like a Dr Seuss cartoon fast! The biggest challenges came to binding 2 different eras of House via the addition (180 years and 120 years old), nothing was level, square or plumb other than the new deck but I had to square that off the old house not true square. I hand dug the 5' deep foundation 3 years ago for it because it is right beside my 150 year old hand stacked well.

It came out beautiful and I think I did the entire addition for under $3000 with the stairs included.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #38

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post

lol, funny you should say that. My mom's nickname is Bob Vila because she's always building something. She built a huge hutch/dresser and asked me to come move it for her. I brought my dolly along thinking it would be a piece of cake. As soon as I got the plate under it and started prying backwards, it wouldn't budge. Had a few more people come over and finally the dolly bent. Then we ended up breaking the bottom of the dresser. That thing had to have been a few thousand pounds of solid oak. My mom is just weird like that. She'd rather have a fancy router or lathe than flowers or perfume for Christmas.