Your in-laws - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Your in-laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 05:31 AM   #21
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2497 Times on 1512 Posts
Likes Given: 13693

Never even met my FIL. Biological one walked away from my MIL 2 years after my wife was born. MIL is a little odd but mostly harmless. Adoptive inlaws passed before my wife and I started dating, left me to deal with 2 BILs and 1 SIL.

BIL 1 has left me death threats on a couple occasions. Now he atleast treats me like a human being when I see him. Seems a little ticked that I am married to his sister, but atleast he is decent to me now. Still not on my list of people to go have a beer with though. Maybe later on down the road.

BIL 2 and I came to a understanding early on that he will not get rid of me that easily, so he quit trying. We just ignore each other on the rare occaision that we see each other. It's best that way.

SIL lives in the same town we do, and works 200 yards down the road from where we live. Her daughters go to school with my step daughter, but the funny tihing is she never even stops in to see us unless she needs something.
Even that is a rare thing. We haven't seen any of them in over 2 years. My wife's feelings on that.......

No great loss.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.