Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Your Kids

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Default Your Kids

Here,s the idea its a thread about things your kids have done to make you proud. We all know how they can p*ss us off but the kick you get when they get it right is such a high, Feel free to jump in.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-20-2010, 11:09 PM   #2

Liked 1679 Times on 947 Posts
Likes Given: 1130

I have taught my 11 year old "Daniel" to be a gentleman. He opens the door for his mother (still my wife by the way) and other ladies. He will give up his chair as well. I am very proud of the young man he is becoming.

Now if I can only get him to put down the XBOX 360 controller and go to the range with me!!! He is a great shooter. But those games are just addicting.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:50 PM   #3

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

My oldest is a graduate of Columbia Law; my middle daughter served with the 10th Mountain in A-Stan and is preparing to graduate with honors from college as an accountant; my son is active Army with the 25th in Hawaii and has 1 combat tour in Iraq under his belt already.

Oh yeah, they all shoot...

Old 03-21-2010, 12:37 AM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

My boy just turned five, he can read, write, and do arithmetic including multiplication of smaller numbers . We recently did a seven hour drive and he spent almost the entire time in back reading a stack of books and commenting on them. Between the advanced scholastic level and long attention span, I'm looking for an intellectual milkman to confront!

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 03-21-2010, 12:46 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8435 Times on 3661 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

My kids? They love their kids, work for a living, take care of their families, have good friends, and have refrained from doing terminally stupid things. Oldest son is now a retired US Marine.

Grandkids? 3 oldest are now college grads, having worked their way thru school (surprise graduation presents- paid off student loan ) Oldest has married his high school sweetheart, and visits both his grandmas with his lady. Second oldest grandson (now 24) just bought a house- comes over 2x a month to pick my brain on home fixit questions. HE gets tools for Christmas. Next 2 grandkids (cousins) have been in gifted program for 5 years, and are my shooting companions. Youngest grandson is 4- and likes to read to me. (Yeah, we have a large age spread)

Waiting on the first great-grandchild.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 03-21-2010, 07:14 AM   #6

My son is 6. He is a typical boy for the most part. He loves to wrestle with Dad and to play sports. He has exceptional manners and for all of that, I am very proud. However, he is just a very compassionate human being. He is always concerned about the welfare of others, and always wanting and willing to help them. Sometimes I worry because he is almost too nice, as it is a cold world out there. I don't want to see him get taken advantage of. Then I realize that he is still naive to that fact, and doing what we all wish more people would do. He is a pure heart before it is corrupted by all the bullsh!t. I am most proud of him for truly caring about someone other than himself. That is where it all starts, and I will do my best to reinforce it. He also has a great swing from the left side of the plate, which is cool too. haha.

"Liberty cannot be caged into a charter and handed on ready-made to the next generation. Each generation must recreate liberty for its own times. Whether or not we establish freedom rests with ourselves."

- Florence Ellinwood Allen -

Old 03-22-2010, 11:09 PM   #7

Default Sorry

Crazy I know but some how I feel I have let him down because the olimpic commitee have not granted him there support. But in this country we have a very different perceived opinion of kids and guns. I have been tipped off to results of other funded competitors. He has the best breakage per bird but did not achieve funding.In my opinion age related. We have a 14 year old competative fully funded high diver. However in our nanny state adults and guns dont mix, god forbid kids and guns. Ok I am bias I am his dad but he is still the the best and did not get the funding. SUCKS

Old 03-22-2010, 11:26 PM   #8

Default Shame

Our shooting team will be training in a different country because of our Draconian regulations. What chance do we stand. lol

Old 03-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #9

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

My daughter - Graduated from college, landed a great job, had two beautiful daughters, married a successful self made man.

My Son - Graduated from High School and served 5 years in the Marine Corps. 1- 6 month tour in Iraq. Honorably Discharged Veteran!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #10

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

my sone is 11 and had severe ADHD so he pisses me off every 10 seconds. Hope he grows out of it as he wants to serve as i did.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.