Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Your Kids (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/your-kids-24917/)

Davyboy 03-20-2010 11:32 PM

Your Kids

Here,s the idea its a thread about things your kids have done to make you proud. We all know how they can p*ss us off but the kick you get when they get it right is such a high, Feel free to jump in.

Rick1967 03-21-2010 12:09 AM

I have taught my 11 year old "Daniel" to be a gentleman. He opens the door for his mother (still my wife by the way) and other ladies. He will give up his chair as well. I am very proud of the young man he is becoming.

Now if I can only get him to put down the XBOX 360 controller and go to the range with me!!! He is a great shooter. But those games are just addicting.

NGIB 03-21-2010 12:50 AM

My oldest is a graduate of Columbia Law; my middle daughter served with the 10th Mountain in A-Stan and is preparing to graduate with honors from college as an accountant; my son is active Army with the 25th in Hawaii and has 1 combat tour in Iraq under his belt already.

Oh yeah, they all shoot...

TheDaggle 03-21-2010 01:37 AM

My boy just turned five, he can read, write, and do arithmetic including multiplication of smaller numbers :D. We recently did a seven hour drive and he spent almost the entire time in back reading a stack of books and commenting on them. Between the advanced scholastic level and long attention span, I'm looking for an intellectual milkman to confront!

c3shooter 03-21-2010 01:46 AM

My kids? They love their kids, work for a living, take care of their families, have good friends, and have refrained from doing terminally stupid things. Oldest son is now a retired US Marine.

Grandkids? 3 oldest are now college grads, having worked their way thru school (surprise graduation presents- paid off student loan :D) Oldest has married his high school sweetheart, and visits both his grandmas with his lady. Second oldest grandson (now 24) just bought a house- comes over 2x a month to pick my brain on home fixit questions. HE gets tools for Christmas. Next 2 grandkids (cousins) have been in gifted program for 5 years, and are my shooting companions. Youngest grandson is 4- and likes to read to me. (Yeah, we have a large age spread)

Waiting on the first great-grandchild.

Murfdeezy 03-21-2010 08:14 AM

My son is 6. He is a typical boy for the most part. He loves to wrestle with Dad and to play sports. He has exceptional manners and for all of that, I am very proud. However, he is just a very compassionate human being. He is always concerned about the welfare of others, and always wanting and willing to help them. Sometimes I worry because he is almost too nice, as it is a cold world out there. I don't want to see him get taken advantage of. Then I realize that he is still naive to that fact, and doing what we all wish more people would do. He is a pure heart before it is corrupted by all the bullsh!t. I am most proud of him for truly caring about someone other than himself. That is where it all starts, and I will do my best to reinforce it. He also has a great swing from the left side of the plate, which is cool too. haha.

Davyboy 03-23-2010 12:09 AM

Sorry

Crazy I know but some how I feel I have let him down because the olimpic commitee have not granted him there support. But in this country we have a very different perceived opinion of kids and guns. I have been tipped off to results of other funded competitors. He has the best breakage per bird but did not achieve funding.In my opinion age related. We have a 14 year old competative fully funded high diver. However in our nanny state adults and guns dont mix, god forbid kids and guns. Ok I am bias I am his dad but he is still the the best and did not get the funding. SUCKS

Davyboy 03-23-2010 12:26 AM

Shame

Our shooting team will be training in a different country because of our Draconian regulations. What chance do we stand. lol

dunerunner 03-23-2010 12:29 AM

My daughter - Graduated from college, landed a great job, had two beautiful daughters, married a successful self made man.

My Son - Graduated from High School and served 5 years in the Marine Corps. 1- 6 month tour in Iraq. Honorably Discharged Veteran!!

doctherock 03-23-2010 01:31 AM

my sone is 11 and had severe ADHD so he pisses me off every 10 seconds. Hope he grows out of it as he wants to serve as i did.