Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Your Government at Work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Your Government at Work

Your government at work………cattle-guards.jpg

You will love this one, I haven't stop laughing yet………….

For those of you who have never traveled to the west, or southwest, cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area. For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.

A few months ago, President Obama received and was reading a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Colorado. Colorado ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Secretary of the Interior to fire half of the “cattle” guards immediately!!

Before the Secretary of the Interior could respond and presumably try to straighten him out, Vice-President, Joe Biden, intervened with a request that…. before any “cattle” guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining.

And these guys are running our country...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I will now say "Knee" to you!

knee knee knee knee knee knee knee.........

Old 05-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Nope

Sorry guys, but this one is not true. It goes back 15 years and was also used on President Clinton. I always check these type of stories on snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages for accuracy before commenting or forwarding. It is a pretty good site for checking facts.

All said and done, it's still funny.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:42 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
Sorry guys, but this one is not true. It goes back 15 years and was also used on President Clinton. I always check these type of stories on snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages for accuracy before commenting or forwarding. It is a pretty good site for checking facts.

It was just a joke, anyway! You will learn that (almost) all of my posts come with a sarcasm flag! Carry on!

Old 05-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
It was just a joke, anyway! You will learn that (almost) all of my posts come with a sarcasm flag! Carry on!
Quoted for Truth. LOL - Dave makes every attempt to both educate & humiliate through sarcasm and witty responses.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 462 Times on 254 Posts

I always thought these were Cattle Guards.
rottweiler.jpg
At least that was what they were used for.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quoted for Truth. LOL - Dave makes every attempt to both educate & humiliate through sarcasm and witty responses.
Witty? Wow! Thanks! That almost brought a tear to my eye. I said ALMOST! I'm not some sissy dude that cries!

Old 05-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post

Actually doesn't even matter if it's not true - the fact that it seemed so believable says more about the current VP than anything.

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 05-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

True That!

Old 05-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8373 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

Not to hijack threads, but as my sig line says, sometimes we DO have a failure to communicate. Friend was a motor pool officer for the Army. Ordered some repair parts for the M151A1 (jeep to civilians) . Ordered 4 of the hanger assemblies for the muffler. Guess what they were trying to ship to him? Four HANGAR assemblies. Yep- 4 of the prefab aircraft maintenance hangars. Error in coding the National Stock Numbers. WHOOPS!

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.