Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Your Government at Work (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/your-government-work-27475/)

suprdave 05-23-2010 02:26 PM

Your Government at Work

1 Attachment(s)
Your government at work………Attachment 14779

You will love this one, I haven't stop laughing yet………….

For those of you who have never traveled to the west, or southwest, cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area. For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.

A few months ago, President Obama received and was reading a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Colorado. Colorado ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Secretary of the Interior to fire half of the “cattle” guards immediately!!

Before the Secretary of the Interior could respond and presumably try to straighten him out, Vice-President, Joe Biden, intervened with a request that…. before any “cattle” guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining.

And these guys are running our country...

jca1 05-23-2010 02:33 PM

I will now say "Knee" to you!

knee knee knee knee knee knee knee.........

Lowrider 05-23-2010 05:17 PM

Nope

Sorry guys, but this one is not true. It goes back 15 years and was also used on President Clinton. I always check these type of stories on snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages for accuracy before commenting or forwarding. It is a pretty good site for checking facts.

All said and done, it's still funny.

suprdave 05-23-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowrider (Post 289144)
Sorry guys, but this one is not true. It goes back 15 years and was also used on President Clinton. I always check these type of stories on snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages for accuracy before commenting or forwarding. It is a pretty good site for checking facts.

It was just a joke, anyway! You will learn that (almost) all of my posts come with a sarcasm flag! Carry on!

Dillinger 05-23-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suprdave (Post 289152)
It was just a joke, anyway! You will learn that (almost) all of my posts come with a sarcasm flag! Carry on!

Quoted for Truth. LOL - Dave makes every attempt to both educate & humiliate through sarcasm and witty responses.

Shihan 05-23-2010 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I always thought these were Cattle Guards.
Attachment 14785
At least that was what they were used for.

suprdave 05-23-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 289168)
Quoted for Truth. LOL - Dave makes every attempt to both educate & humiliate through sarcasm and witty responses.

Witty? Wow! Thanks! That almost brought a tear to my eye. I said ALMOST! I'm not some sissy dude that cries!

zhuk 05-24-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowrider (Post 289144)

Actually doesn't even matter if it's not true - the fact that it seemed so believable says more about the current VP than anything.

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress...open-mouth.jpg

Lowrider 05-24-2010 01:45 PM

True That!

c3shooter 05-24-2010 03:12 PM

Not to hijack threads, but as my sig line says, sometimes we DO have a failure to communicate. Friend was a motor pool officer for the Army. Ordered some repair parts for the M151A1 (jeep to civilians) . Ordered 4 of the hanger assemblies for the muffler. Guess what they were trying to ship to him? Four HANGAR assemblies. Yep- 4 of the prefab aircraft maintenance hangars. Error in coding the National Stock Numbers. WHOOPS!:p