Your Firearms related "Pet Peeves" - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Your Firearms related "Pet Peeves"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 03:21 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Unfortunately, rank hath it's privileges.

I have to keep mine in my car too. But I've always got a hydrant wrench nearby at work.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:33 AM   #32

Liked 40 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Unfortunately, rank hath it's privileges. I have to keep mine in my car too. But I've always got a hydrant wrench nearby at work.
Id rather be as far away from some deranged psychopath that's trying to rob a full service station... I'm just not a good aim with a 40oz hammer that leaves my hand! Haha
My boss is retiring in June. Been thinking about getting a gun vault mini vault to attach to my toolbox, that way I can have quick access should the need arise and also it will double up for my other personal belongings when I'm away on a test drive or whatever the case may be
Old 11-15-2013, 03:51 AM   #33
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Gun store employees who hand a gun over without checking to

see it's unloaded. Lock back the slide, BOZO! Check the cylinder,

EVERY time.

Tacticrap. And it is all tacticrap. "Tactical" has NOTHING to do with

objects. Get a dictionary, MORON.

Folks who treat noobs badly. We were ALL noobs, once.

well said! some people come into guns much later in life than others. sometime those who started as youngsters, tend overlook this fact and take it for granted, that everyone started at the same age. what ever age a person comes to buy a gun and join the ranks of gun owners is fine. they need to learn. we the older gun owners need to teach them. we need to pass along our knowledge and experiance to keep the legacy going for future generations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester94 View Post
I also hate that some think the only rifles that exist are semi-auto or bolt action. It seems there's not much love for lever, pump, and break action rifles anymore.
i have way more bolt actions than any other type, but i enjoy all my guns.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:05 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1265 Times on 860 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

People who call firearms toys !..................

When all else fails.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #35

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom View Post
People who call firearms toys !..................
Even jokingly, like when they say "come check out this new toy!"

Old 11-15-2013, 04:24 AM   #36
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

one of my big firearm pet peeves has to be "tactical" equipped firearms for SD/HD usage. if i'm not mistaken, it's self defence of the home, not combat.

and a guy who wanted to know what OO buckshot had the tightest pattern at 50 yards for HD use! hmmm........at 50 yards, it might be hard to justify self defence!

Old 11-15-2013, 04:34 AM   #37
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3283 Times on 2233 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
one of my big firearm pet peeves has to be "tactical" equipped firearms for SD/HD usage. if i'm not mistaken, it's self defence of the home, not combat. and a guy who wanted to know what OO buckshot had the tightest pattern at 50 yards for HD use! hmmm........at 50 yards, it might be hard to justify self defence!
Depends on where you live Axxe. The area where I grew up in the Bronx,...once a booming working middle class area with two colleges, is now a total craphole...if I still had to live in NY it would be where we were on Long Island, where at least Bloomy can't take your guns away,..even if Andy C is...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 11-15-2013, 05:05 AM   #38
hmh

Liked 148 Times on 102 Posts

People having new shooters shoot to much gun then posting it on youtube and laughing.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:15 AM   #39

Liked 2545 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmh View Post
People having new shooters shoot to much gun then posting it on youtube and laughing.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

T H I S . We are our own worst enemy...

Old 11-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 238 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido
People who feel that an airsoft, pellet or any other projectile firing device don't have to be treated with the same care as something that uses gun powder.
One of the local guys here was having problems with deer in his garden. Dug out an older Crossman CO2 BB gun, and proceded to whack a forky horn, that was standing broadside to him in the chest.

It ran about fifty yards and then lay down. Two hours later it was still there so he walked down to check it out. It was dead.

The Fish and Game folks did a necropsy, and found that the BB had penetrated both lungs killing the deer.

He pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge so he will be able to hunt again in a year. But he had to pay some stiff fines, plus the cost to process the meat for distribution to the food pantry.

He sent a letter to the editor of the local paper telling his tale and warning others that the BB guns can inflict fatal wounds.