Your Firearms related "Pet Peeves" - Page 23
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Your Firearms related "Pet Peeves"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 01:26 AM   #221
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1271 Times on 794 Posts
Likes Given: 2153

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshoot91 View Post
Loud, obnoxious, and arrogant individuals that clearly have no intentions of purchasing anything taking up space/time at the gun counter.
It is much worse with any of the following;

-the loudmouth is with a group of other leeches,
-if the store is pretty busy with all the workers tied up or only one clerk is behind the counter,
-or if the store is having any type of "limited stock" sale or anything similar where the time this douche is wasting, could cause you to miss out.
Going into a gun shop and have all the employees so busy chatting up someone that I can't get anyone's attention to look at a gun. So I leave, never to return. Phuque 'em.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-20-2014, 02:08 AM   #222

Liked 9215 Times on 5059 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
Going into a gun shop and have all the employees so busy chatting up someone that I can't get anyone's attention to look at a gun. So I leave, never to return. Phuque 'em.
Or how about when you go into a gun shop, and every employee on the floor is chatting up some woman who's shopping for her first gun? That pizzes me off beyond belief. Especially when you get someone's attention, but they still keep trying to drift back to the woman. Hello.... act like you've seen one naked before, son. Geez... she ain't even gotta be good looking either, just "passable" and they treat her like she's the queen of Sheba. I'd say throw her off on the oldest and most experienced gun guru in the shop, don't confuse her by giving her too much input by 8 people ranging from 21 to 90, all of whom want to be the "manliest man" and all of whom also act like they've never dipped a wick a day in their lives.

I've broken up such attempted gang bangs by pointing out the ring on the woman's finger and asking, "why don't you come back with your husband so he can help control these horndogs?" For some reason everyone turns a bright shade of red...
People Like This 
Old 02-20-2014, 03:15 AM   #223

Liked 3855 Times on 1948 Posts
Likes Given: 6311

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Or how about when you go into a gun shop, and every employee on the floor is chatting up some woman who's shopping for her first gun? That pizzes me off beyond belief. Especially when you get someone's attention, but they still keep trying to drift back to the woman. Hello.... act like you've seen one naked before, son. Geez... she ain't even gotta be good looking either, just "passable" and they treat her like she's the queen of Sheba. I'd say throw her off on the oldest and most experienced gun guru in the shop, don't confuse her by giving her too much input by 8 people ranging from 21 to 90, all of whom want to be the "manliest man" and all of whom also act like they've never dipped a wick a day in their lives.

I've broken up such attempted gang bangs by pointing out the ring on the woman's finger and asking, "why don't you come back with your husband so he can help control these horndogs?" For some reason everyone turns a bright shade of red...
Eh...Your gonna have that...I was in an Oriley auto parts last summer. 2 cuties in hoochie shorts couldnt get their car started..They tracked it down to a bad alternator...Somehow they talked the zit squishers into going out in the parking lot..and putting it on the car for them...They damn near shut the store down for about an hour....

Old 02-20-2014, 03:44 AM   #224

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 220

I know I wish I could get some of "pappys" guns. Even my great, great pappy's but I'm just a grandson. The guns I own are mine and started out new.
My peeve is those that don't do enough on maintaining the guns and being safe with all guns. Seen a fool at a range not acting "safe" once ... And getting crooks who think your gun is good enough to be grabbed in a robbery, an you 9 out 10 never see that gun again. Had a friend who was robbed. Lost most of his guns that were child locked an hidden. Never seen them again more than 8 years ago.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:42 AM   #225
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 362 Times on 229 Posts

The local retired machinist, turned amateur gun smith, who has no manners at the range. He has a nasty habit of walking down range anytime he decides he wants to. Doesn't matter if others are still firing.

The Sheriff broke him of his worse habit of shooting whenever he wanted by arresting him five years ago. He was shooting when the kids in hunters ed were at the range for their range day. The instructor and a buddy were down range with the kids setting targets, and he started blazing away.

Small petty people have small petty Gods.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 02-20-2014, 07:31 AM   #226

Liked 501 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 205

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post
The local retired machinist, turned amateur gun smith, who has no manners at the range. He has a nasty habit of walking down range anytime he decides he wants to. Doesn't matter if others are still firing.

The Sheriff broke him of his worse habit of shooting whenever he wanted by arresting him five years ago. He was shooting when the kids in hunters ed were at the range for their range day. The instructor and a buddy were down range with the kids setting targets, and he started blazing away.

How are people that dangerous and still alive?

Sent from my DeLorean Time Machine
Old 02-21-2014, 04:56 AM   #227
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3390 Times on 2292 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post

Someone working at the Range needs to put that Mo-Ron in his place....sometimes I think it's better when you and your spouse or a few friends go out like we were getting away from other folks, or just away from civilians...It really does make a difference..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
R1D2 Likes This 
Old 02-21-2014, 05:14 AM   #228
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 186 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Default Gat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post
People that say "Gat" "Piece" "Heater" "Boom Stick" etc.
I'm not so sure about "gat." That's what we called them back in the day. I don't use it often, but sometimes, for emphasis, I still use it.
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 02-21-2014, 05:25 PM   #229

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Unrealistic shooting events in movies.. yeesh even guns don't throw folks out the window an four feet in street using a pistol.
locutus Likes This 
Old 02-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #230
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1314 Times on 643 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1D2 View Post
Unrealistic shooting events in movies.. yeesh even guns don't throw folks out the window an four feet in street using a pistol.
Or a single round from a Glock into the gas tank of a fleeing vehicle causing an immediate fiery explosion that blows it 15 feet into the air and flips it upside down into a flaming pile of wreckage.