Your Firearms related "Pet Peeves" - Page 16
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Your Firearms related "Pet Peeves"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 03:23 AM   #151
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 133 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 23

People who think that because Glock can design and manufacture a pistol using polymers, that polymers are perfectly fine for Ar-15 lower receivers.

E-DUB

Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-13-2014, 03:44 AM   #152
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Your Firearms related "Pet Peeves"

Folks that think they are the only ones that ever started shooting when they only had 1 number in their age, and have to berate and belittle what you shoot( I stopped going to two ranges that might have had more lanes and distances, but were further away, because of jerkoffs running the range... ) and tell you you must be weak( when they clearly see you walk with a cane) if you aren't shooting a "500" of some sort(or 44 mag.)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 02-13-2014 at 03:52 AM.

Old 02-13-2014, 04:08 AM   #153

Liked 282 Times on 194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Folks that think they are the only ones that ever started shooting when they only had 1 number in their age, and have to berate and belittle what you shoot( I stopped going to two ranges that might have had more lanes and distances, but were further away, because of jerkoffs running the range... ) and tell you you must be weak( when they clearly see you walk with a cane) if you aren't shooting a "500" of some sort(or 44 mag.)
I don't have any physical handicaps, thank God. I enjoy shooting smaller caliber guns too. Honestly, I enjoy shooting all guns. AR's, lever actions, revolvers, side by sides, bolt actions and anything else you can name! All calibers from .22 shorts up to .45-70! In my opinion, a gun doesn't have to be a huge caliber to be fun. But by the same token, your small gun doesn't have to only be a .22. I find mouse guns very fun to shoot.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 02-13-2014, 08:32 AM   #154
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

A woman that plays hard to get by putting on a gillie suit and camo paint.
People Like This 
Old 02-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #155

Pray she doesn't have a Barrett and a box or two of Ammo!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
eatmydust Likes This 
Old 02-13-2014, 09:00 AM   #156

Liked 3621 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 2524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
A woman that plays hard to get by putting on a gillie suit and camo paint.
Or the one's that point a gun at you and scream, "Leave now or I'll call the cops!"

Old 02-16-2014, 06:01 AM   #157
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Haha! No means NO dangit!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 02-16-2014, 07:44 AM   #158

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Excessive ,unnecessary over -oiling of firearms.
Seriously.come on,now.
I know it guards against rust and corrosion but I hate when I buy a used gun(or even new) and oil is dripping out of the magwell,out of the trigger and even the magazine is soaked in it.Apply it only where it needs it.
R1D2 Likes This 
Old 02-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #159

True that! Looked at several today at a local Gun Show. One guy had a "Private sale"(mind you I was just there for whatever cheap Ammo I could get...) and picked up this Guy's 3 SIGS on a Table,..all of them felt like they had a bath in Light grade motor oil! Guy at the next table was giving out vinyl exam gloves to handle Guns...( too bad he wanted $750 for an S&W 41.. )

Old 02-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #160
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWork4Ammo View Post
Excessive ,unnecessary over -oiling of firearms.
Seriously.come on,now.
I know it guards against rust and corrosion but I hate when I buy a used gun(or even new) and oil is dripping out of the magwell,out of the trigger and even the magazine is soaked in it.Apply it only where it needs it.
I sent a Kimber in for repair. Each time it came back it was packed in a ZipLoc bag that had pooled oil in it. The woman at Kimber told me that was the correct amount of oil for their guns. That little 3 to 5cc plastic squeeze pack of oil that comes with their guns? That's a single use applicator according to Kimber. That's why I switched to Glock. I couldn't get the Kimber oil out of my jeans.