Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Your Firearms related "Pet Peeves" (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/your-firearms-related-pet-peeves-100321/)

sandog 11-14-2013 12:08 PM

Your Firearms related "Pet Peeves"

Was wondering what others consider their "pet peeves" concerning firearms. Mine are: 1) People who call a shotgun a "shotty". Not much of an abbreviation. They could hit the keyboard one more time and actually spell out the whole word. 2) Those who mount a 6-18x scope on something like an M1 Carbine or lever action .30/30. On a similar note, those who mount a small scope with such high rings that you could get your fist between the scope and barrel. 3) Guys that aren't exactly noobs, who you know have been shooting for years, but still manage to swing a muzzle towards your head when they are picking up a firearm. Let's hear yours !

Jagermeister 11-14-2013 12:11 PM

Wrong terminology and words in relation to firearms. People need to educate themselves.

kaido 11-14-2013 12:20 PM

People who feel that an airsoft, pellet or any other projectile firing device don't have to be treated with the same care as something that uses gun powder.

txpossum 11-14-2013 01:45 PM

I've stated this before, but using "pistol" to mean exclusively semi-autos, and excluding revolvers from the definition. I'm not sure exactly when it started -- I blame the tacticool movement, but it absolutely drives me up the wall.

People who believe that one gun, or one caliber, is the perfect answer for every situation. For example: What's the best self defense gun? Glock. What's the best hunting pistiol: Glock. What's the best SHTF gun? Glock. The other most common answer is "9mm".

JayCody 11-14-2013 02:39 PM

Ammo Shortages

trip286 11-14-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpossum (Post 1431341)
I've stated this before, but using "pistol" to mean exclusively semi-autos, and excluding revolvers from the definition. I'm not sure exactly when it started -- I blame the tacticool movement, but it absolutely drives me up the wall.

People who believe that one gun, or one caliber, is the perfect answer for every situation. For example: What's the best self defense gun? Glock. What's the best hunting pistiol: Glock. What's the best SHTF gun? Glock. The other most common answer is "9mm".

Hear hear!!

And the ever dreaded.... "Clip". A clip is a clip, a magazine is a magazine. It shouldn't bother me that much, but it does. (or anyone else for that matter, and some people get bent WAAAAY more out of shape over it than I do.) I think it's just because it makes an otherwise highly intelligent person seem rather ignorant.

aender77 11-14-2013 05:13 PM

The term "assault rifle"... I hate that the liberal media has been pushing it on rifles for years...

ccrow175 11-14-2013 05:15 PM

People using military terminology to describe civilian weapons, since thats what "call of duty" calls them. " oh man thats a sweet m4, sitting right there next to that m14" this becomes especially irritating when said by a 15 year old, who believes his video game has given him vast knowledge of firearms.

Doc3402 11-14-2013 05:40 PM

People that tell me I can't adequately defend myself with a 6 shot .357 magnum revolver.

Gun companies that have a standard first repair for everything, no matter what problem you're having with your high dollar hunk-o-junk. Magazine falling out on the ground? No problem. We'll polish the feed ramp and install a new ejector.

Gun manufacturers that will sacrifice quality for quantity.

And last but not least, someone that will tell me his polymer pistol is the best in the world, but refuses to use a polymer lower for his AR15 build.

Doc3402 11-14-2013 06:08 PM

I do have one more major pet peeve. People that will flick a revolver sideways to close the cylinder.