Your favourite childhood toys - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Your favourite childhood toys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

There was a couple of sisters that lived next door, need I say more?

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #12

Mine was a donald duck fishng pole or weebles. If I rember. I had a few. They had a commerciall sompting like the weeble and wobble buut don't fall down

Old 07-19-2010, 12:12 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My wife says hers was a sit'n spin. I had a YZ50 has a kid. My dad brought it home barely running and we completely rebuilt it from top to bottom.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-19-2010, 12:44 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I know I am only 18, but I was a strange 9 year old.
I bought most of my toys from yard sales. My favorite was a snub nose revolver that shot caps. Rathe than that, I made my toys. I would go up into the forest and make weapons. I would make wooden daggers, swords, spears and dad even helped me make a shield. I also made bows with yarn as the string. I then taught myself how make sheaths and quivers. At first I weaves it all, but then I learned that I could spendy chore money on cloth.
I had the dagger on my low back, the arrow quiver on my thigh, the sword on my back and the bow in my hand. I then got a medicine bag and learned about native American herbs. I harvested them and actually used them sometimes.

I made extra and the nieghbor hood boys and I would play Indian war.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 07-19-2010, 01:16 AM   #15

My dad had enough military surplus we outfitted all of the neighborhood kids and we had wars. We would set up full camps with pup tents. If you had a real looking toy rifle you used it if not you used a stick and rock were grenades. We played outside all day outside because we had no video games and there was nothing all day on the 3 chanels we had except soaps and we didn't have air anyway. Or we would ride our bikes all day with no helmets or pads and I had the stitches to prove it.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:01 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraywc View Post
My dad had enough military surplus we outfitted all of the neighborhood kids and we had wars. We would set up full camps with pup tents. If you had a real looking toy rifle you used it if not you used a stick and rock were grenades. We played outside all day outside because we had no video games and there was nothing all day on the 3 chanels we had except soaps and we didn't have air anyway. Or we would ride our bikes all day with no helmets or pads and I had the stitches to prove it.
You see, this is why I wish video games would remain in a building called an arcade. Granted, I like video games, but I do not play them all of the time. I pick up about 1 adventure game a year and beat. This year is Fallout 3.

I didn't get video games until I was about 14 or 15. So I pretty much grew up w/o them. I live in a depression house so we have one window air conditioning.

Now days I talk to 11 year olds and they say that they have been trying to beat Pokemon for the past week while sitting in front of the air conditioning.
This makes people pussies. -_-

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 07-19-2010, 02:34 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraywc View Post
Or we would ride our bikes all day with no helmets or pads and I had the stitches to prove it.
That makes 2 of us.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-19-2010, 02:51 AM   #18

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Im only 35 but when I was a kid atari just came out and i had one. Difference is I was more into riding bikes in the Arizona desert, jumping off high stuff and yes no helmet or pads involved.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:16 AM   #19

To the original question A marlin 39m. I love that gun so much still have and glad I didn't trade it for anything.

Admiral Yamamoto: "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

"But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
- Dalai Lama

Old 07-19-2010, 04:13 AM   #20

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

fav toy lego's