Your Dream Job! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Your Dream Job!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2348 Times on 1280 Posts
Likes Given: 1443

I enjoy being in the hotel business. But I would prefer to be an owner/operator instead of a General Manager. I am the boss now. The owner hardly ever comes around. But I would simply like to be able to explain to some customers that they are in fact complete douches and do not deserve my help.

But my true dream job would be to own a gun store.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #12

Liked 30 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Game Warden !
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #13

Liked 3403 Times on 2032 Posts
Likes Given: 2592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
just a fun thread to see what if given an opportunity to do any job that you could for a living.

you don't even have to be qualified or experianced, just the job that would have been your dream job if you had been in the right place at the right time or could have gotten the education to do that job.

you can even list multiple dream jobs if you desire.

the criteria:

1. you are single with no family obligations like a wife or children. so you can devote all your time to the job or training for that dream job.

2. the dream job is not about money, but a job that would give you lots of enjoyment. but if the dream job is one that pays well in that field, that's okay.

3. you can live anywhere you desire to do your dream job.

let's see what ya'll got!
ok, i doubt this "job" exists....but under those criteria, i would want to be an "IDEA MAN!"

i have always believed i am creative beyond the ordinary in a useless sort of way. i have great ideas for movies and TV (or how to make them much better), inventions, and events. basically, i am no engineer or movie director, and those are jobs i wouldn't want. those people would come to me, pay me for the ideas, and develop them.

that's it....high payed "muse" basically.

if i had wife and kids, the answer is "no job" or "independently wealthy.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #14
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1468 Times on 773 Posts
Likes Given: 634

I have been in a lot of industries, but I find my greatest joy in teaching. I love to take people that know NOTHING about a subject and watch the gleam in their eye as they grasp a new concept or idea. If that were in the computer or firearms industry, I could die happy!

I wonder if the people that know me think I would be good at it. (Winds?). Not sure I want the wife's opinion on this...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)
People Like This 
Old 03-04-2014, 01:13 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 568 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

This is difficult! Lets see.... I am already a Naval Aviator so..... what else is there? Maybe:

1) I always kind of figured that I would enjoy living off the land somewhere. Build me a small and functional cabin and plant a garden plot. Raise some livestock. Generally just operate a hard working ranch that I would rarely have to go into town for anything.

2) Or I would really like to own a gun shop. Not just any shop though. I would need A LOT of capital to get what I have in mind going. A shop with thousands of firearms in stock, parts for everything you could imagine, more ammo than a small army would need, gear, reloading supplies, CHL classes, reloading classes, gunsmiths, and a range. Probably 4,000+ sqft of store and the range on top of it. ALL placed conveniently outside of a major Texas city like DFW or Houston.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"
People Like This 
Old 03-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #16

Liked 754 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

I would enjoy being the grouchy old gun in nice LGS where all i did was steer people away from glocks, drink coffee and mutter about the president. Also being a woman's bicycle seat would be neat.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #17
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10202 Times on 6087 Posts
Likes Given: 14630

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
I have been in a lot of industries, but I find my greatest joy in teaching. I love to take people that know NOTHING about a subject and watch the gleam in their eye as they grasp a new concept or idea. If that were in the computer or firearms industry, I could die happy!

I wonder if the people that know me think I would be good at it. (Winds?). Not sure I want the wife's opinion on this...
You would be great at it. You are very patient and have a great personality. When we were shooting skeet and trap, you gave me some good tips and hints that I didn't know, such as how to swing with the clays. I appreciated that.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 810 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 51

If I was still in the military either devgru or delta.

Civilian a criminal investigator with either the us forest service or usaid(working on this by getting my degree)

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 03-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #19

Liked 3403 Times on 2032 Posts
Likes Given: 2592

Quote:
=fa35jsf;1521790]This is difficult! Lets see.... I am already a Naval Aviator so..... what else is there? Maybe:
ok...after seeing yours.....can i change mine? these are great ideas!

Quote:
1) I always kind of figured that I would enjoy living off the land somewhere. Build me a small and functional cabin and plant a garden plot. Raise some livestock. Generally just operate a hard working ranch that I would rarely have to go into town for anything.
that is a great idea, and i think i could truly love that as well. self sufficiency basically. work for what you need, and be on your own clock. my only problem, i'd be too tempted to sit on the porch and drink beer on the nicest weather days.

Quote:
2) Or I would really like to own a gun shop. Not just any shop though. I would need A LOT of capital to get what I have in mind going. A shop with thousands of firearms in stock, parts for everything you could imagine, more ammo than a small army would need, gear, reloading supplies, CHL classes, reloading classes, gunsmiths, and a range. Probably 4,000+ sqft of store and the range on top of it. ALL placed conveniently outside of a major Texas city like DFW or Houston.
awesome! ok, i'm going to give out one of my "idea man" ideas to you.

i think it would be cool to connect 2 gun stores together, both with different themes. #1) the black store: would focus on the mall ninja and tactical crowd. it would be an ultra cool, modern and sleekly designed store. it would sell black weapons and WIDE selection of accessories, including survival and tactical hand held weapons. the waiting period for your gun would have an awesome lounge area and play flicks like terminator and matrix constantly. #2) connected to the black store would be good in wood. this store would focus on western, old military, and basically beautiful wood stocked/grips firearms. also specialize in leather holsters and fancy pocket knives. it would have an old school western and war movie motif. the lounge would be running old war and cowboy flicks. all the employees would be cowboys.

if you use this idea, i will only require a 10% take.
People Like This 
Old 03-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #20

Liked 3881 Times on 1964 Posts
Likes Given: 6423

I have my dream job...Just need to get some seniority so i wont keep getting bounced around to a different shift every other week. But my next choice would be something in law enforcement. We have alot of LEO friends that hang out at the farm. I admire what they do, and find it very interesting.