Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Your Dream Job! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/your-dream-job-104707/)

Axxe55 03-04-2014 05:00 AM

Your Dream Job!

just a fun thread to see what if given an opportunity to do any job that you could for a living.

you don't even have to be qualified or experianced, just the job that would have been your dream job if you had been in the right place at the right time or could have gotten the education to do that job.

you can even list multiple dream jobs if you desire.

the criteria:

1. you are single with no family obligations like a wife or children. so you can devote all your time to the job or training for that dream job.

2. the dream job is not about money, but a job that would give you lots of enjoyment. but if the dream job is one that pays well in that field, that's okay.

3. you can live anywhere you desire to do your dream job.

let's see what ya'll got!:D

kytowboater 03-04-2014 05:04 AM

I always wanted to be a large animal vet. Horses and cows. That's what I grew up around.

I had the grades for school and had a couple scholarship offers to various smaller schools. I can't tolerate being inside sitting in class.

There is a company now in my field that pushes barges in Alaska. They make it sounds pretty damn good, and the money is outstanding.

I wouldn't call my current job my dream job but I sure do enjoy it!

~ Get your tools and meet me on tow princess!~

sputnik1988 03-04-2014 05:20 AM

I never knew what I wanted until I was in my very late teens. At that point I decided that I would like to move into politics, seeing as we are severely lacking in the constitutionalist area. Im well aware that nobody will take a 25 year old seriously, so I'm hoping to maybe get that started in my 30s, I hope.

I'm also strongly debating on getting my FFL and being a full time dealer and smith. That's another hope.

winds-of-change 03-04-2014 06:47 AM

Environmental or wildlife biologist.

Though I do thoroughly enjoy what I've been doing for the last 35 years.

stratrider 03-04-2014 07:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I wanted to work at Spacely Sprockets as a digital index operator. :cool:

DrFootball 03-04-2014 07:09 AM

Owner/eng. of a recording Studio or Station mgr. Of a Radio Station...

Or, had I not been hurt and Stayed in the Military( I'd be out or getting out right about now): Chief Instructor Pilot,..

Or had I still been full time Teaching: an Asst. Or Assoc. Professor in a notable College somewhere..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

beaglesam 03-04-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stratrider (Post 1521678)
I wanted to work at Spacely Sprockets as a digital index operator. :cool:

LMAO

http://pablochiste.files.wordpress.c...rge_jetson.jpg

yazul42 03-04-2014 11:14 AM

When I was younger, I wanted to be a test pilot for a " House of Joy ", but my dream job now is a consultant, with a 6 figure salary, my office hours would be 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., with a 2 hour lunch. Also I think being an astronomer would be a very rewarding job.

trip286 03-04-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik1988 (Post 1521659)
I never knew what I wanted until I was in my very late teens. At that point I decided that I would like to move into politics, seeing as we are severely lacking in the constitutionalist area. Im well aware that nobody will take a 25 year old seriously, so I'm hoping to maybe get that started in my 30s, I hope.

I'm also strongly debating on getting my FFL and being a full time dealer and smith. That's another hope.

Go ahead and get started now. There are many elected positions at the municipal level that are suited fine for a 25 year old. Prove yourself there, and run for higher positions. It'll make your name known.

Me: Already lived my dream job of being one of the best of the best. If I could do it all over again, I would have finished sniper school, and at least have given my best effort to SEALs even though I'm pretty sure I just simply wouldn't be able to handle it (took the indoc and passed, but thought I was gonna die...) then I would have tried to go PMC upon getting out.

eatmydust 03-04-2014 12:16 PM

I 'm not sure what my dream job would be, but decades ago, I saw an article written by a dude with my dream college degree.

He earned a master's degree in fly-fishing from Penn State!

I would love to do the clinical portion of that one. Hell, I have done some of the clinical work.